• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 01, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen, its a uniform divot cast into the crankshaft, about half an inch long and its the same shape and size as the one on the crank lobe next to the connecting rod that the balance gears line up with...allegedly. they look like this - _ (top is primary, bottom is secondary. ill go over it again to ensure that there arent any other marks.

Yup, theyre the only two marks on my crank (maybe a kohler from another tractor? my 149 has a K301 in it so i know its not the original engine) and the mark lines up with the dot every fourth revolution.
If you look closely at both pictures you can see the second mark with the same indentation by the connecting rod, more easily visible in the first picture i posted.

Maybe i need to look at a new engine, its doing the same thing it did when it died almost four years ago, itll turn and get stuck and repeat, just like the ACR is broken, turning it past the hard spot by hand makes no difference. I dont know guys, i think my cubs cursed. sure seems that way.
thumbsdown.gif

guys....ITS ALIVE!!!!! after alot of cranking and tweaking with the points and governor arm and pow! it fired right up. my throttles a little messed up so im working out the linkages and tweaking the idle and fuel etc.

Nice to see you made some positive progress last night Glen! So is there anyone out there who would NOT reccomend the tires Glen has on the front? The V's are nice - but the wide tri-ribs are pretty sweet look'n I have always thought? Like many have told me, if you don't "speed" into your turns you won't rip up the grass with the wide tri-ribs. I am not out there doing laps on my lawn, heck, I want to spend as much time on the Cub as I can....Errrr at least until I have to get off for another BEER!
beer2.gif

Glen,

that tractor is beautiful! But it's screaming for the front weight bracket and white rims that are shown in your example pic. But that's just my 2 cents and you've done more work than I could ever dream of.

Fantastic job!

Any thoughts or input on a rectifier being bad and not working correctly on a charging system on a 1650? It went from charging one day to flat nothing the next, the only thing I have not tried is to go directly from the rectifier to the battery as I'm thinking something in the harness, any thoughts????

Thanks, Digger for the info. I'll be looking at it this weekend....In all those spots.LOL

Glen-

Nice job on the tractor. Do you have any type of support under those foot tread plates? It looks like they are just bolted to the mounts by themselves and they bend rather easily with body weight. I got a tractor not long ago and the fender pan part than extends under these plates was rotted off, I guess from the pan sitting flat on the ground. Anyway, the plates were just bolted back by themselves and bent up from body weight.

Back