• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
When I had to rebuild the 127 PTO the button on the PTO looked like a needle point.

I gotta rebuild the steering box and get the ol boy back to mowing ! Might do that this winter.
Stupid boat in the garage keeps me from doing a lot of "need to" things.

Has anyone replaced the front seal on a 982. Mine seems to be leaking. Just curious if this is something easy or hard.

Hi would anyone have the specs for the kt-17 crank shaft. I need to know the length of the shaft from the joining plate /crankcase to the end of the shaft. diameter is 1.125". I bought this IH 782 ser. 670534 with the wrong shaft length and a lot of wear and damage. The crankshaft shop offered to build up the end with weld and turn it to the correct size or undersize the shaft and sleeve it. I see the plus and minus of both. heat damage or spinnouts I can't decide. any ideas would be great
Thanks John

JFS, if it were mine, I'd tell'em to sprayweld & grind to size. My 2 cents. Undercutting then turn to size then broach a keyway doesn't give me a good feeling. But I guess both methods work.. Is there any appreciable cost difference?

Ken, that quake made me question my houses integrity, it shook all over the place and knocked all sorts of stuff off my shelves. Luckily the guns stayed on the wall and the tree the cub lives under wasnt affected. Guess my mount job is earthquake proof.

Charlie - I looked for 6hrs 48mins , I didn't find it.
I say we fire Kraig ... gotta match ?

Hmmm, Quake must have scared everybody off!
lurking.gif
coffee.gif

dunno.gif

"Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981. "

And it seems that all we want to discuss is "Hmmm, Quake must have scared everybody off!"

Just sayin'.....
feint.gif

Mike, just posting a little humor about how quiet it was on here this morning and most of the day, just humor, that's all!!! SORRY!

Mike, post such as Mick's and other "one off" posts like the occasional "who broke the forum" style posts are OK by me. Now Charlie might feel differently, but those posts usually don't take us far off topic, they usually prompt people to post about IH Cub Cadets.
cubwinker.gif

Don't be sorry guys! Just stirrin' the pot as it were! Like the rest of ya', just sayin' somethin', ANYTHING! LOL...

I need help with my JD110 !!

It keeps running like a deer and will not settle down and mow the lawn.

How do I keep it from jummping a;; around my yard and actualy mow the grass.
taunt.gif

Lonny Buttke

As we all know , trade that deer in for a real tractor (Cub Cadet) and you won`t have those problems lol
229368.gif

Lonny - I find that a 30cal settles them right down.

John FS - Sprayweld is very expensive to even buy the powder , but that would be the best way to fix a bad crank. Have you not tried to find a used one ?

Steven B - This will start you then follow the link I posted there to get the rest. There's info to be found in the search if you need more. It's no big deal to do.

Hey Kraig,

I see an "Off Topic" tractor through the wind breaker....how about a little look at it in the Sand Box so we don't all get shipped out to the dog house? That's pretty neat look'n loader tractor!

Does anyone know a way to test a engineless 782 (transmission/etc)? I pick up one cheap and was trying to get an feeling how the transmission etc worked before I spent money on a engine.

Thanks

Bernie - I've made a small "drive shaft" before to use in a cordless drill to move mine around when the engine is out.

Mike P - Kraig has this place littered with that thing ;)
In the Off Topic Tractors section , first page he had pics posted but they're not there now. You can go there and read about it though.

Why keep old pages if the pics don't stay ???

KENtuckyKEN

That page must have a 135 posts, Charlie must remove all the pictures to save space on his server. to bad all the pictures are gone because I think
worthless.gif

sorry.gif

BRYAN_SHAKES.gif

Bernie , I think the best way would be the simple way 1.check for leaks 2. visually inspect the filter and guess if the filter has been changed in the last twenty years 3. check the there is a hydro fluid level drain it remove the back cover and look for pieces of metal or wear on visible parts.The whole pump and and transaxle seem very well put together.Mine, so far been trouble free.
The speed control linkage is a spot which usually needs some repair and or adjustment. Someone did a great write up on how to fix that. That job was fairly cheap to do with a small amount welding that can be farmed out.
Ken I have seen some cranks on ebay most understandable are from engines with broken connecting rods so you have to wonder about condition. My motor runs well So I thought if the machine work is under a couple hundred bucks it would be bearable. If not a used one would be the next Thing.Tonight I began to prepared garage to dissect the motor and extract the crank. the though of all those parts layed out on the bench makes me a little uneasy but here goes... I'll try to get some photos of the alleged progress, John

Latest posts

Back