• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John FS - Pics help in the "where'd that come from" department when it goes back together.
I've got a K301 here that broke the rod but it never hurt the crank. With an HONEST seller (if you can find one) and good pics of the actual crank I'd take one off ebay ... but I like to live dangerously !

John Sirois,

I just measured the shaft on my KT17 from closure plate to end of shaft, it's 2 13/16", if you still need to know.

Well at least it's not Off Topic Friday! LOL
1AA_dance2.gif

There was quite a discussion back on the 18th of July about fixing up a boogered up crank..I can't remember who mentioned it, but if you have a weld up done, make sure they can straighten the crank after it warps and also that the shop has broached a keyway into weld before. That edge of the keyway can be a little fragile and if they've not got a good penetrating weld the entire job could start peeling at the keyway.....something that you might never know if the job was just weld buildup and grind to size.

This spring I had to sell my original pretty much because I needed the room. I had bought a four wheeler and I won't let any of my stuff sit outside. I got a fair price for it ($900) and asked the new owner to keep me in mind if he ever wanted to sell it. He put headlights and fenders on it and then tried to sell it on epay. It didn't sell for him. Monday I pulled some cash out from the sell (hid it from the wife, lol) and bought a flintlock, which I've wanted for years. Well, the guy must have saved my phone number...Tuesday I got a text message from him asking me if I wanted to buy it back for $1400 (what he had in it). Boy, I'd like to, but still don't have any stinking room. If I spend the money on storage, I'll have less for a tractor. Kind of sucks. I haven't got back to him yet to let him know. Just trying to stay awake at work and figured I'd throw that out there. Nick

Here is a pic of my newest project, at least I think. Might change my mind after I get it home and dig the leaves out from underneath of it. I figured for $100 it would at least give my neighbors something to talk about.

229380.jpg

229381.jpg

Hi guys and gals, i finally got the 1450 running after a couple years
229390.jpg

229391.jpg

229392.jpg

229393.jpg

Darren Sterley

Thats great news, anytime a Cub has being rescued its good news.Looks like you need a seat .
beerchug.gif

SO far Lonnie B gets the award for "Funniest Post" about his little green tractor on this page. I drove my Cousin's 110 ONCE. I thought the Variator was kinda neat, but that was on a tractor only a couple years old. Now that those old tractors are 40, almost 50 yrs old the variator seems to be the thing that maybe sorta works and then sorta doesn't. And the boys over at the jd L&G site bashed IH's Torque-Amplifier about a year ago. Most of them didn't even know what it was or how it worked! Good reason to get a green hydro tractor and not a GD, but then I've never felt the desire to get a green tractor in the first place.

MIKE P. - Yep, those Allis 620 & 720's are a beast, they make a Cub Cadet SGT look light-duty in comparison. They're more like a CUB Farmall or Lo-Boy with Onan power. Simplicity had a version too since Allis owned Simplicity when those tractors were built.

it was a good feeling to here it come to life again, and yep it needs a seat and many more things lol. but she runs and drives and will be sporting a snow plow for the winter. let it snow
1AA_dance2.gif

Mike P., I just posted some photos of my AC 620 in the off topic forum area.

Darren,
greenthumb.gif

Mike F.,
happy.gif

Charlie, ummm, yep! Looks like he needs new shrouds as well. I wonder why there's a hole in the one end of the center blade?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Two holes and the answer is obvious ... well maybe not to Allen ...

Look how much it's ground off the other end , the holes were probably drilled trying to balance it.

Thanks once again to <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> for designing the worst freakin blade ever produced and MTD for not getting their head out of their butt and making the correct blade!

Get use to it MTD , we're not giving up the old Cubs !

Actually the left blade isn't ground that much off factory edge.
I run a 22" push mower high lift blade in the center of my 42" deck.

KEN - I think there's about TWO INCHES broken off the one end of the center blade.

I bet it vibrates a bit.

There's enough companies out there making new mower blades, different designs like the Gator, etc that I would think somebody would come up with a blade that mowed better. Both my decks mow O-K when the grass is really dry, and since I mow in the afternon/evening I can normally do that. But if the grass is wet, dew or a bit of rain, neither deck will lift the grass run over by the frt tires of the CC.

hmmm, maybe I should bring set of these blades into work and go out back to try to match them up with the hundreds that are out there....

Or someone can get me some dimensions.
Well here's the info I need.
1. center hole size
2. Blade length
3. blade width

I know there's a real good chance that we will either not have the correct ones in stock or something...

Dennis - Gator doesn't make'em that size , probably because the short blades are just to dang short to work with.
Somebody on here years ago found a place that had blades for the 38" and 42" decks that are a better design but I don't remember who it was but I have the list IF I can find it from doing the PC / OS change over ... Dang I hate new and better ... better in who's opinion !

Vincent - Without getting out of my chair , oh it feels so good! I can tell ya the 42" deck uses 22" center and 11" outers by 3/4" hole. 1/8" thick but the width escapes me ... maybe 2" guessing.

Latest posts

Back