• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 14, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Denny , wasn't the 1026 a Hydro/Turbo (DT 407) ?
Shift.gif
If I remmeber right, I hauled a Farmall 1026 Gold Demo back in the early 70's... the farmer rented/leased it for $$$$. Finally he decided to buy it. PWR

Charlie, yes but the guy that runs the place might get mad.
happy.gif

On topic, I mowed my yard last weekend and nothing broke, came out of adjustment, or fell off, I can't explain it. Can anyone help?

84 degrees today. no wind. stuck outside all day. Thats it, I'm getting the snow blower out.

any tips on replacing the front crank seal on my 16hp kohler? it is leaking like crazy.

randy, You got to get that front clutch off. Some have drilled a small hole in the seal and put in a screw to grab with a claw hammer and pry out.

Wow, Charlie, you really shut the place down with three letters and GIF!

I can stay on topic: I bought another 1250 with a deck and snowthrower over the last weekend. At least I think it's a 1250 : I haven't seen it yet. My brother called me and asked if I want it. It was his ex-girlfirend's. I said sure, and he went & picked it up for me. It's still on his trailer on my Mom's farm. The snowthrower was stored at a different location & little brother hasn't retrieved that yet. He did say the tractor started right up and he drove it onto the trailer. It's a busy week, so I may not get to pick it up from Mom's farm until this weekend.

How'd I do, Charlie? I never once mentioned the old Oliver Super 88 or Allis WD that I used on the farm as a kid.
err.gif

Sorry Charlie (I get carried away when I'm learning, shouldve been done in the sandbox or email, I know.)
beerchug.gif

ON TOPIC: I changed the oil in the 149 today, looked good, but had metallic deposits in it, typical of a new engine (I hope) but no chunks or anything so all seems well. mowed with it a little more and I believe my rings have seated some more, much less blowby this time. Tho I am investing in a Kirk Engines breather cover with the vent tube. Dang oil film

ok guys here are the pics. I think what metal sound I'm hearing is in-fact that the mesh has come disconnected. I have a video showing it. I adjusted the pto as the paper said, so I assume. With the pto Engaged. adjust it to were there is 0.030 gap, I basically have 1/8 or more gap. I am also adding a pic of a bracket for the mower deck, I think its worn out and needs to be replaced as well but I'm asking you guys

I had to post them to photobucket, here is the link

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/agutsechicken/Cub%20Cadet%20128/

Back