Archive through April 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt Gonitzke
I was attempting to take the bend out of that rusty fender. I will blast them after I get it close to straight.Next realy and then a ruller and finish them straight. Kentuck lives to far away to do much repair work for me,that would be great to sit back and watch someone work on a Cub and get it right .

got 2 acers to plow and disk can`t waite!

Donald - A drop of my sweat would be golden !
Try and get some
clappy.gif

Allen,

I think your wife would prefer an 82 series. Just make sure it has the Kohler Series II or Mag 18 engine. I've got a 149, 682, and 782, and me and my neighbor like the 782 best. Rather than fix his new piece-of-junk Murray, my neighbor is always borrowing my 31 year old 782. They return it with a full gas tank, so its okay with me. The 82 series is much quieter than the 1X9 series, and I think the forward/reverse control is easier.

I'm mowing a 2 acre yard, and the 782 has a 50" deck which makes for fast work. The downfall is the 82 series deck lift doesn't get as high as the 1x9 series, which is a consideration if you have a yard full of not quite buried boulders.

Check out this forums classified ads - especially the March 23rd from Nate Dorn. He had a 782 in great shape for a great price. I don't know if it's still available though.

I've not had any problems finding parts for my Onan. I do a parts lookup on www.partstree.com and then go to www.jackssmallengines.com with the numbers. (You can also go to www.onanparts.com) The parts are a 'little' more than the Kohlers, but I don't feel they are prohibitively pricey. 982: Oil filter - Wix 51396, Hydro - 51410 and air - 46094. I got them at my local autoparts and I think they were all under $10.

Hi all. I'm fairly new to the forum here and this is my intro post. I have a 1965 Cub 102. I am currently rebuilding the engine for it. I will post pics later on. I live in north Central Ohio and have been a machinist all my life. Hope to get to know you guys and be able to learn from you.

Scott Cole

Welcome aboard. we have it all here and ask away.
groupwave.gif
Welcome

Hey guys....a newbie here. I inherited my father-in-law's 124 that had been sitting for years. The glass fuel bowl on the tank was solid crud so I figured I would take the carb apart and give it a good cleaning. When I got the bowl off the carb there were thin pieces of corroded metal on top of the float and in the borrom of the bowl. It looks like it was something that maybe limited the float travel. Anyway I've looked at rebuild kits and carb diagrams and don't see anything that looks like the piece(s)I found. Does anyone know what it might be? It's a Walbro carb if that makes a difference.

Jim - I'll bet ya that's a film of varnished gas instead of metal. Sometimes it looks like sheet metal when it's thick and dried hard.

Ken Nope.....it's definitely what was once a single piece of metal. You can see where it corroded into 2 pieces. It looks like it might be brass.

Jim - I've seen the inside of 4 of my carbs and they didn't have anything like that. Maybe it was some type of anti-splash plate.

I think it was my old Briggs engines that had a bowl gasket that covered the bowl except for a place for the float to go into. I've not seen metal though.

Yes please do post pics ...

Ken - Good point on the tiller shear pins. You're right about the v-belt gripping even when it's loose. I guess it's time to go shopping.

Lipp - If she smacks you one more time she'll get your eyes fixed back. I told ya not to make her mad the first time.

Lucas that post belongs in the machine shop topic
bottom.gif

lucas jones:
the rear end on that "real" tractor looks more like a sheet metal shoe box rather cc or a 122. brilliant...u must be a genius..haha ..

Latest posts

Back