• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Electric lawn tractors and compact tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This past winter a fella from Chicago decided to dive his tesla up here over Christmas. He stayed the night in green bay to charge his car, then continued his journey north to the U.P. Needless to say his batteries died, in between marquette and and escanaba. He said the police took 45 minutes to arrive, they let him sit in the squad car till a wrecker arrived, an hour and a half after the squad car got there. He told the news channel that he "greatly underestimated the infrastructure up north" and "the U.P. isn't a place for electric vehicles." He also stated that the heater in the car couldn't keep up to keep him warm, even when the batteries were charged. This had become a local joke anytime someone mentions electric cars, mowers, etc...

I am not for electric tractors, electric lawn mowers , electric cars and buses either it does not make sense.

I enjoy my old cub cadet tractors they last year after year, while my neighbors purchase new mowers every 3-5 years.

The going electric is a false economy, First, our power grid cannot support it, Second, the cost for purchasing is way too expensive, Third, China would be our supplier. What about the problem when these batteries catch on fire? Lithium cannot be put out with water or chemicals, what a safety hazard!!!! A better idea would be the original plan of using hydrogen power to make electricity, which we can produce here in the USA, the byproduct is water. Just as IH Cub Cadets were a solid made American tractor - which myself and many of you still enjoy, products made in the US are much better.

When you see all these solar panels popping up the idea of getting power from the sun sounds great however, the radiation those panels generate actually pollutes and destroys the land they sit on. That means the land can never be used for farming or anything else. Why don 't we hear about this?

A better idea would be the original plan of using hydrogen power to make electricity, which we can produce here in the USA, the byproduct is water. Just as IH Cub Cadets were a solid made American tractor - which myself and many of you still enjoy, products made in the US are much better.

Industrial production of hydrogen generally uses....electricity, hence why it's not being used to generate electricity.

When you see all these solar panels popping up the idea of getting power from the sun sounds great however, the radiation those panels generate actually pollutes and destroys the land they sit on. That means the land can never be used for farming or anything else. Why don 't we hear about this?
You don't hear about it because what you are claiming is nonsense.

I am not for electric tractors, electric lawn mowers , electric cars and buses either it does not make sense.

I enjoy my old cub cadet tractors they last year after year, while my neighbors purchase new mowers every 3-5 years.

The going electric is a false economy, First, our power grid cannot support it, Second, the cost for purchasing is way too expensive, Third, China would be our supplier. What about the problem when these batteries catch on fire? Lithium cannot be put out with water or chemicals, what a safety hazard!!!! A better idea would be the original plan of using hydrogen power to make electricity, which we can produce here in the USA, the byproduct is water. Just as IH Cub Cadets were a solid made American tractor - which myself and many of you still enjoy, products made in the US are much better.

Attachments

• 272482109_2170059446475356_2188803952047782744_n.jpg
    272482109_2170059446475356_2188803952047782744_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 272978550_1557364654635028_6523785442463598250_n.jpg
    272978550_1557364654635028_6523785442463598250_n.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 291584500_608103354217556_5575313228671426420_n.jpg
    291584500_608103354217556_5575313228671426420_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
Ok, time for another apology. Lots of us have strong opinions on the subject, as demonstrated here, but we've gotten off topic from the original post. @Admin ,could you move the OT part to the sandbox, please? I'd enjoy further discussion there, as long as we can all listen to each other's opinions with respect .

I'm not sold on the hydrogen thing, but there is contamination of the ground from solar panels as they break down.

A recent article I read made the claim that wind and solar actually add carbon to the the air as you have to have a back up running all the time to make up for the variation or short fall of solar and wind. So between the carbon emitted to mine and produce materials as well as the carbon from the back up, less carbon would be added if existing coal plants were converted to nat gas and just produce the power in the first place.

I'm not sold we even need to worry to much about carbon. Just another control tool imo. All I see is we must do this or we are going to burn up. Never any actual science to back up the claim. And if there is you have to look into the funding of the science to make sure it's not being warped to fit the agenda of those paying for it.

I will switch to electric when auto racing does. That includes the cars, track drying and ban on tire burn outs.

Latest posts

Back