• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Todd W. - Good find on the 70. When you post pics, be sure to hit the enter key after each one to prevent it from going w i d e s c r e e n.
thumbsup.gif

can anyone tell me or show me a picture of the bolts used for the pivot/attachment of the hood on my cc100? the tc103 parts manual does not show them and none of the pics I currently have show clearly what they are.

Sorry Charlie, thats the same pic my manual shows but I still dont see them. I appreciate the part numbers though, I tried the parts lookup and when I type in the model 100 it says no matching files found, I am going there again now to try and get the same results you did.
Tim

Type in 70.
The 70 & 100 are the same tractor according to them.
So you want to see a picture of the bolts?

I just know that what I have is not correct so I was looking to substitute something more closely resembling original equipment. 3/8x1&1/8 hex head bolt,fender washer and locknut should do it don't you think?
Tim

Todd H.
I agree with you, old stuff is good, the new stuff (all brands) is inferior & overpriced.
My tractor is a 1970 that has been completely torn down, repainted & rebuilt. I regularly use the blade & mowing deck. I also have a snow blower & am currently rebuilding a tiller.
I'm surprised at the negativity i've received here. I can't believe how closed minded some of the folks on this thread are. If you've never had a JD (or others), how can you have an opinion.
I've been on this site for 3 days & have been mugged. Some welcome. I simply wanted to know if CC had something comparable to what i have & what the differences are - i'm trying to learn, perhaps so i can become a CC fan too.
Wow! Lighten up people.

Tom R.
I think I better jump in here and say something.
Remember what i said right after you posted?
I'm gonna set back and watch the fur fly on this one.
Nothin like opening up a can of worms with your first post.

You have not been mugged/hammered/slammed or anything else.
I've read all the post and since this is an IH Cub Cadet website, I think you've gotten off pretty easy compared to days passed.
biggrin.gif

It's the same over on the Weekend Freedom machine site when someone mentions Cub Cadet. Everyone jumps in and has a good time jabbin at the poster.

You might take it all with a grain of salt and lighten up yourself and thank goodness that the GRUMP didn't jump in on the post!
biggrin.gif

I would have probably been here all night poofing post OR editing the bad words out.
taunt.gif

Charlie - I did jump in but lightly so you wouldn't have to start poofing
happy.gif

I passed on Tom calling me Yosemite Sam.
I even passed on Dean calling me a REDNECK , but I hold a reserve on that ...

Now go take the dummy's forsale add out of the wanted section ... damn newbies can't even read around here !

Dang!
See there Tom R.. You had to wake the GRUMP up.
Just about the time I thought you had flung that laptop of yours out the window!
wedgie.gif

I don't come around for a few days and a dang GREENIE shows up and spouts blasphemy, jd and cub cadet the same, I never heard such as that my whole dang life. Harumph! Mr. Greenie I had a jd one time and I liked it so much I GAVE it away.

Michael R.-

You saying our diesels (and other MTD-built Garden Tractors) are crappy? How can you say that, you haven't owned one....
bottom.gif

My turn to stir the pot! I have owned a couple of greenies over the years, they have their good and bad points just as IH built and CCC built cubs. I like thier use of U joints in the drive shaft on the 300 series and much larger side mounted levers for the hyd lift. I find the small levers for the CC lift on the dash a pain in the tail at times, and the diesels just kill the drive shaft joints on the cubs. Many guys replace the rag and roll pin couplings with U joints. I say to each his own, I am friends with JD owners, WH and Simplicity owners and even a few with the old Bolens tractors. Its all fun when your out plowing in the field amoung friends. Both of our tractors are CCC built red cubs, 982 and 582, while built after IH sold the line to CCC/MTD, they still say IH on the grill and are IH red in color. It took several years for MTD to really change the design much. Mostly as tooling wore out and to update the line to keep sales figures up. Even the alum rear ends had a reason for comming into being. Cheers Mike

You also have to remember that IH was failing at the end and turned out some poor responces to the competition. Take the 982 for example, it was IH's responce to the JD 400 and it doesnt even come close. The 400 packed tripple spool hyd, power assist steering, 2 speed rear end and is much more overbuilt than the 982. I love the 982, but one can see that IH was having its issues toward the end. It took fresh blood and money in the form of CCC/MTD ownership to get the cub cadet line back going with new ideas, like the diesel powered cubs. While yes its true the newest cub cadets at the local big box store wont hold a candle flame to any IH or early CCC built cub cadet, there were many years of CCC built cubs that were just revamped IH designs. Just my 2 cents to add to the pot. Mike

Henri, Sorry, but I like the nic "Greenie". Boys, feel free to use it. Do you have any pictures of your CC100 that you could share with us? That's the look i like.
If the CC70 or CC100 Round Fender is a superior tractor to the JD110 RF (as you fine folks suggest), then i should have one. I worked for 35 years. I'm retired, i should have what i want - right! What model blade & mower deck would i need.

Charlie, Why don't you have a Photo Gallery. It's a great tool for the boys.

Ken,(aka Grumpy, aka Yosemite Sam), I was going to ask what a F-Cub was but changed my mind.

Tom

Tom, don't worry about it. That "green" company used to sign my paycheck.

Is the parts depot still up in Grimsby?

Back