• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chad/Richard-

Forgetting #3 shouldn't have anything to do with that. If you have the old-style spindles with the ST-745 bearing and the stamped cups, they need to be installed from the top of the deck. If you have the newer-style aluminum housing spindles, they need to be installed from the bottom. If you have that wrong, that may cause your problem.

Thanks for info guys-- I did not forget #3 fortunately. I do have the older style steel bearings and stamped cups. The second time around I tightened the lower side of the deck (blades) then I tightened the pulleys. Not much change. My center pulley has a lot of play and wants to grind on the top of the new carrage bolts. I checked the size of the bolt head compared to the original and it seems to be of no consequence. Im not sure what to do.

Chad

First you need to figure out why the center pulley has a lot of play. Most of the time it's because the tabs on the bearing cups warp and let the bearing float around in them. Fix that and see if that helps. A picture would be worth a thousand words. If it worked before and doesn't now, either you've got the wrong parts or you aren't putting something together right.

Hey Matt, the deck was not working before. It had set up for roughly 10 years. Where are the tabs on the cups located? Are those what grip the bearing and keep it positioned in the cup and not let it sag in there? The center pulley definately sagged and a few minutes ago I pulled it apart to inspect the situation and it was horrible. The bearing sagged causing the woodruf key lower edge to cut away at the upper bearing cup. Now there is an immense amount of play. If the tabs hold the bearing secure, they must not be working in mine. Do you have a picture of how they are supposed to work? Thanks

Chad

Try putting your old pulleys on and see if they work.If the do you have the wrong pulleys.I know on the older decks on a 147 have 2 different spacers ,if you mix them up the pulley won't turn.

The tabs I'm talking about are where the bolts go that hold the housings together and bolt them to the deck. If you set the cups (tab side down) on a flat surface, you may see that they are bent away from the cup. Somewhere there is a picture of this, but I have no idea where. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a picture?

If the cups are not bent, the bearing is basically clamped in place by the two cups.

My 1100 I am having problems finding the correct setup to charge the battery. I have a wiring diagram and it shows Diode Assy, Tri Circuit. Cannot find the wiring, it has been ram sacked before I got it. Hate to trash the mower it is in good to better shape. Can anyone help?
Joe

Joe, I believe you are posting to the wrong forum.
The machine you have is a lawn tractor.

Your questions will be answered there.

Additionally, welcome to the forum.

Joe L, Richard T: Everybody to their own opinion B- U - T: If it says Cub Cadet on the hood, according to IH, it's a Garden Tractor! In the introductory brochure for the 1100, IH says its capable of using ground engaging equipment and accessories!! That also makes it a Garden Tractor!!

Yes, it was a less costly version to replace the more expensive but lower horsepower Model 800.

ALL IH Lawn Tractors were designated as Cadets!! The Model 100 is a <u>Cub Cadet</u>!!

Joe, you posted in the correct place!!

Fire away with any question(s) you have..

Myron B

213685.jpg

I stand corrected S/M. !!!

Thanks for your knowledge and expertise.

OK Charlie, what ya think? It looks all there, but I don't know much about these things. I'm guessing to stick with a Haban 402.

213688.jpg

I finally got my 123 to fire up and it runs good, but it keeps blowing the dipstick out of the motor. When I remove the dipstick and place my hand on the filler pipe there is alot of back pressure being blown out. I was wondering if this is normal or do I have a problem with the motor.

There should be a partial vacuum in the crankcase while the engine is running. Either you've got a clogged/messed up crankcase breather, or a lot of blowby.

Or a worn "O" ring on the dipstick...
A rubber band will hold it down,or just spread the the spit part of the dipstick.

I have been reading a lot of the Post and found a lot great information. Everyone has been helping me and I appreciate that. Just want to say thank you to all. I am going to keep reading to learn as much as possible and use the venders listed for parts I cannot find.
Thank you Joe

cubfaq.com
Joe go here and you may find the info you need. I have never worked on a brigs engine.

I picked up a spring assist for my 126 and I was wondering if I could still keep the shield above the differential on or does it need to be removed?

Latest posts

Back