• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John L.,

Go to the wiring diagrams section and you can see how the 125 is wired. The voltage regulator shows a "B,G,F" terminal along with the "Ground" terminal.
I am not sure if the part # you gave is the match for this, but if it is, you are on the right track.
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 98
Jim L.,

Nice find!!!
Welcome to the forum.
wave.gif

Couldn't you hire someone to haul the large equipment to your place? The price for all the stuff you showed is crazy low!

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 114
Jim Storma,

Sorry I missed your post. What model did you say you were referring to?

I looked at my 70, and the adjustment rod is about 3/8" away (about at a 45 degree angle) from the friction disc.

I tried looking at my 128, but I can't see it for the cover plates.
As long as it is not touching, it should be fine. When the clutch/brake pedal is pressed, the adjusting rod moves away from the clutch/discs.
Hope this helps.
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 111
John L.,

According to the Cub Cadet parts lookup, you are correct. It shows the four tabs on the V/R.
The part # has changed from 545130-R92 to 545130-R93.

Marty G, That ground wire fastened to the ground terminal off the VR went to the same ground connection on the S/G support bracket, and not the S/G terminal. I was close, lol! Yes, I just got all of the harness connected under the dash, except the harness "secure clip" that fastens to a stud with a lock washer and nut. I took careful precautions, and had just enough info to correctly hook the 125 harness up, under the dash-end.

One another note: That sure is a nice 1650 find with loader!!

John L.,

This says the opposite!

Here ya go:

307471.jpg

Attachments

• 307471.jpg
    307471.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 307471.jpg
    307471.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 108
Marty I forgot to mention it's my 128. It seems to operate good releasing and the clutch plates and springs are fully loaded when the pedal is released. I'm just not able to get it adjusted per the manual. It probably doesn't really matter much as long as engages/disengages and brakes like it should. Which it does.

John L cc specialties above sells new check valves. Might want to check out Charlies site above after you switch those check valves out.

Jim S,

I had similar issues with my 128 too. If it works fine, it probably is fine.

John L,

According to the wiring diagrams there should be a three terminal V/R on the 125.

The diagram shows terminal "B" going to the neg. side on the amp gauge.

Terminal "G" which is for "generator", (not ground) goes to the "armature" terminal on the S/G.

Terminal "F" goes to the "field winding" terminal on the S/G.

The 4 terminal V/R has a "L" (load) terminal that goes to the key start (ignition) switch on the O,70,100 series. I guess this is because they have a key (ignition) switch along with a push button start switch.

Some of the experts on this site say you can use either V/R on the later models. I guess you could, just leave the "L" terminal empty.

Why is it when you look up the 545130-R93 (3 terminal) voltage regulator, it shows a 4 terminal V/R?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 120

Latest posts

Back