• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom R., F-Cub = Farmall Cub.

Lots of the guys here are "multi-tractoral" I have mostly Cub Cadets but I do have one Allis Chalmers. It is an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet forum so it will be biased towards Cub Cadet, especially those built by <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>. We do enjoy ripping JD however many of us do play well with the JD guys. Some of my best friends have JD, my brother is the parts manager at a JD dealership and my father before he passed away bought two JD tractors, a big 5210 farm tractor and an X585 garden tractor. I must say both are impressive tractors. However they are larger then the tractors in question, older Cub Cadet and JD tractors. This might be useful:

82481.jpg

82482.jpg

82483.jpg

82484.jpg

82485.jpg

82486.jpg

82487.jpg

82488.jpg

Sorry Jerry B.!
yikes.gif

Tom R.-

Here's a really really old picture of my 100. I don't have it anymore. At times I wish I hadn't sold it; this one was my first Cub Cadet.

82493.jpg

I do, however, still have these, and while they are really rough, I think I can bring at least one back to life again. I have enough parts to bring these two parts tractors back from the dead.

82494.jpg

82495.jpg

What the
censored.gif
does this guy think he's doing coming here and implying that CC and JD could be the same?
banned1.gif
<u>Just Kidding!</u>

Tom R.

Don't worry. Everyone around here is very helpful and will warm up after awhile. This is sort of an initiation process and to make sure that someone really wants to be here, fair weather fans are not welcome but are allowed(well maybe). All in all, we take care of our own around these parts and take that very seriously. We like to see our members successed and excel in our hobbies and there lives, so in general we take a genuine interest in whats going on and we kind of like to pounce when there is something going on. This is a great group and if you are serious about your hobbie you have found the right place. Welcome!
tophat.gif

todd w,

Neat old school tractor.

Most farmeers weren't rich and it is neat to see.
Maybe you should preserve it as you got it as a testament to the days of old.

Have fun with it. It sure has its own character and would certainly stand out from the highly polished and restored tractors.

No slight against all whom have gone that way. I know that many of you have put in lots of time and money to make very nice tractors.

Cheers
Dudley

I just had to add My 100 in here.i realy like the looks of her and plan to haul out the 10 hp for fresh paint.
82499.jpg

But the 129 with the loader will have to finished first with new paint and a few repairs.
82500.jpg

Matt, Charlie has copies of it and likely has already converted it to PDF or could do so if asked nicely.
happy.gif
The versions I posted are slightly reduced so as not to go too far in a widescreen mode for those with smaller monitors. BTW, that comparison chart is just one of several the other charts compare the Cub Cadets to Bolens, Ford, Massey Ferguson, Allis Chalmers, Simplicity, Case and Wheel Horse. It also has comparisons for the Cadet Model 60 to other brands.

Hey all,
Does anyone have the dimensions for the lift rod for the Brinly sleeve hitch adapter handy?(The one that slides into the "upper cast piece")
Thanks, Brian L

hey everyone.
i'm trying to quieten my 129. should i use the factory original muffler or keep the large round muffler like what Don T. has on his?
confused.gif

Brad, put the original style muffler on it, those round mufflers don't do much to quiet them.

Gentlemen:
NOW...I'm learning. Thanks Kraig.

NOW...I'm sucking up.

Hi Charlie, my newest, bestest friend. Have I told you what a GREAT site you have & how lucky you are to have all kinds of knowledge of CC at your fingertips. I heard thru the grapevine (Kraig McC) that you have a PDF file comparing that "greenie brand" against the beloved CC's (as if they could - LOL). Could you find it in your HUGEST heart of hearts to send me a copy. Thanks. Kindly refer to Kraigs post to see what i'm sucking up about. By Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 08:27 am:\i

Thanks, Tom
PS - Matt wants a copy too.

Tom R, I get my opinion from the amount of work I do to three green ones. A friend of mine has not seen the cub light yet and is always dropping at least one off here for repair.
err.gif

I'LL THROW N MY 02CENTS i grew up with a green 214 my uncle bought new in 78 or 79 we used it to mow push snow,dirt it got worked hard but required a lot of maint 2 yrs ago when i started looking for a tractor i researced and went with
ihrotate.gif
and the cub will out work the green thing all day long

To ad fire to this topic,
My dad traded in his 1963 JD 110 on a new 149 in 1973, because the deere had worn out. The 7HP engine had to be rebuilt, and the trans needed replacing, plus he wanted a hydro, so he wouldn't have to shift....

Hey all, could one of Cubaholics tell me if its normal for the hood on an Original to drag against the grill? Seems to me the hood is bent, or flattened? Or not spaced enough at the mounting bolts? Trying hard not to scratch the new paint!

I just got a call from MTD, Seems these are NLA as of today! Grrrrrrrrrr
Wide Frame Tail Lights-PN/IH-545616-R1.
For 86, 108, 109, 128, 129, 149, 169, 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450, and 1650.
82527.jpg

Charlie,
Go to a place that sells trailers and or campers. They should have them or can order them for about $4 each.
I think the brand is Barjan (sp?). I was going to get a set for my 1450 but decided to go with ones that don't stick out from the fenders to get smashed as easily.

Back