Archive through April 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone out there in Cub Land help me identify this gearbox? It is an IH item, the guy I bought it from said it is for a Cub Cadet. No other info on it provided. It measures 12" at the pin mounts. It kinda looks like it mounts to a rear bracket and used for a tiller? Does anyone know what it is? What it fits? Thanks for the help.
82458.jpg

82459.jpg

82460.jpg

Brian J.-

I'm not 100% sure but I bet that has something to do with a snowthrower on an Original.

What a good Day i had today.bought 2 Cubs a 147 and another O. the O has rear fenders and all the other things mine was missing. Frank C will be picking them all up on the 26th when he gets his 125. now i just have to find that right D and i`ll have 7. this is filling up my garage real fast. Later Don T
coffee.gif

Brian J.
That's for a snow thrower. It looks to me more like one for the cadet lawn tractors. Measure the holes that are near the bottom of your last picture. They should be about 6" apart from one another to fit on the front of the lawn tractor frame.
I might like to have me one of them
whistling.gif

Well Kyle, you might be in luck, cuz if it doesn't fit my 129, I probably won't want it. Thanks for the help so far everyone! -Brian.

two things
a. i thought this was an
ihrotate.gif
cub cadet forum, so why the talk of john deere
B. as far as my thoughts on MTD cub cadets, i dont like them at all

Tom R. An IH built cub cadet is what I call a rebuildable garden tractor.... in other words a good ole AMERICAN MADE product. I have never owned a J.. People tend to pay too much for a name, and not the product. I am not puttin down the off brand,...wait a minute yes I am!
ihrotate.gif

The IH built garden tractors were made to last forever, with maintenence and care. In my thinking, a garden tractor is that. A tractor... with attachments, mower,blade,tiller,snowthrower,plow, and the list goes on.
I own an IH built 1971 model 128 (12hp gear drive) 37 years old and still going, when I tore it down for cosmetic reasons

Seems like a good day to try my first post. I got this 70 a month or so ago and have been playing with it a little. It runs really good but is a little ugly according to the wife. I am planning on getting it fixed up to a more original condition. The "custom" blue paint was on it new because it had a barn cleaner on the loader,according to the PO. It was bought new by his Dad in 64 or 65. It has a few home built parts Clutch,starter, rear weight that need to be removed but seem to work well enough. Think it can be saved?? I look forward to all comments!!!
82468.jpg

82469.jpg

Come to think of it, buy ANY BRAND new. Use it for 5 years... if it lasts
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back