• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<font face="arial,helvetica"></font>This is my first post but i have been following this forum for a couple of years now. Yall have helped me out a lot in some of my projects.
I may have a chance to buy an original cub with a danco rd1000 loader on it. The loader subframe is cracked but repairable and it doesnt have the original motor in it. What are some things I should look out for and what would be a reasonable price for it? Thanks for your help.}

Tristian,
Hate to say it but if you can find a <u>old</u> #80 (I think) Dear John cart I would get that. Those old dogs were built pretty good!

Tristan; I would get a trailer big enough to haul my tractor on. Then use it and the tractor to haul wood to the truck. When truck is loaded you can haul tractor home on trailer.

Wayne mentioned tilling, so I thouhgt I would say something about tiller throwing the long belt.

I had this problem yesterday and after a few times I realized that my rear lower pulley had built dirt up on it and was packed tight by the belt.
this caused the pulley to be very shallow and throw the belt after a cleaning of the dirt it worked fine.

I do not have the bottom guard on this pulley and believe it would have been more of a problem with it on.

Guys ,I have a tiller here that was mounted on a 147 and I would like to install it on my 149 so I will have the hyd lift.Will there be any differences with the mounting or belt length from the 147 to the 149 ? I have a garden for myself and another 20' x40' plot to do for my brother. So I need to get it running this week. I will have to use a hard hat because its missing the cover for the tines. Thanks Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don T,

Mounting the tiller to your 149 is the same as mounting it to your 147 as the rear transmission cases are the same. I assume you have already have an IH lift hitch on your 149. However, the long drive belts are different per the parts catalog. The belt for the 147 is 487045-R2 and the 149 will require a 549250-R1 belt (7/16 X 143 7/8). I'm sure the difference is in the length but I don't know how much difference since I don't have a narrow frame. You might check to see if the belt from your 147 will work on your 149.

The wide frame belt is slightly longer. I put a wide frame tiller set-up on my narrow frame and the belt is a touch long even adjusted all the way. Putting it on your 149 will make yours a touch short I would guess. You may have enough adjustment in on the mule drive to make it work, but I have no way to know if this is true or not.

Don T., parts look up sez you may use the same belt for both tractors,..BUT..it depends on the serial #'s of the tractor as to which belt to use. In the parts L/U work your way to parts listings and pick 'Attachments" and work from there. A.

Thanks guys

I want to get the tiller working on the 149 because of the lift. I got the tiller with two belts one is new and the other is used.I thought the 149 would be best for me with the lift. I have a few mule drives here and can make one to work I think.I have my 1962 Original in the shop now to remove a lift arm to send to Krag . It has a bent nail holding it in place , I will have that ready to ship this week. So in the am I will try my hand at installing everything for the tiller on the 149 .I can`t do what I would like now and that makes me cranky lol. Oh well . Thanks Don T

Back