• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
PSA
Just in case you HAVE NOT NOTICED YET!

We've added Myron Bounds and the Cadet Collector Supply Room to our list of great Sponsors at the top of every page.

So lets make Myron feel Welcome by buying some parts.

greenthumb.gif

Paul D.

Did I understand you correctly that you welded the rockshaft instead of replacing the shear pin. I hope you don't end up damaging anything. They had put those shear pins there for a reason.

3 PT. HITCH QUESTION: I picked up a 107 today with a 3 pt. hitch and sleeve hitch. The tractor doesn't run so I was going to put the 3 pt. hitch on my 105, but I can't see how it would install. I have looked at the manuals online and don't see one for a 3 pt. on this model. Was the 105 just not meant to have a 3 pt?

what was the link to the wheel weights ident page

Jim T: The 3-point hitch for the 105 is shown on page J-29 in my TC-113. They are the same, except that the 105 does not use Item 8 of the parts listing for the 107, shown in page P-28 of TC-113.

Myron B

Matt G. Not necessarily is the tractor moving forward when Chris B. moved the lift lever on his hydro Cub a sign of an internal leak due to age. If a 15U is not entirely centered in the neutral position and is tilted ever so slightly either direction this can and will cause such a thing as the tractor to go forward or backward when the lift lever is moved. I've read where guys say to "do this or that or cut a spring, etc." and can only ask, "Why?". One of the downfalls of the 15U is the fact they are so simple in design that the finding of true neutral can be a problem. Some of the new 15U series actually have a type of electronic switch to return them to neutral. This adds more expense to the unit though. What Chris B. may want to try first is setting the linkage to true neutral.
happy.gif

Yesterday, a coworker blessed me with a rather unique item. Since somehow we lost photo resizing capabilities Kraig M. was kind enough to resize these two for me. Back in the 70s Sunstrand used to give out promotional items. There are a few more pages of this booklet. Angel is going to scan and send Kraig the whole book. I hope that you like them (and color them). Copy the tractor and color it. Then if you can post your pics and let's see how they look. If you look closely the lever reminds me of the type of lever used on the prototype Hydro Original. Somewhat of a Cub Cadet design overall.

149577.jpg

149578.jpg

Myron B. Fantastic!!! with you now being a sponsor.
greenthumb.gif

Can anyone fill me in on what the story is with the DUAl lift handles on Myron's CCO pictured???

Still not clear on the 3 pt. for the 105.

The part that is confusing me is how the top link mounts. On the 107 there is an "upside down U" piece that mounts across the frame rails and the top link sits inside this "U" piece and is held there by the pin. Because of the way the fenders mount on the 105 there is no way to mount this "U" piece. What holds the top link in place?

Jim T.-

There's 2 holes for the pivot pin in the seat/fender bracket. Like someone else said, that U-shaped piece is NOT used.

Just a guess Jerry but it looks like a po did that to separate the 3pt from the deck lift.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Jerry B: It's not some ho-made jury rig. Some 3d party manufacturer in the midwest apparently offered these as an option (perhaps dealer sold & installed). My Original was originally sold in Iowa and migrated to Texas with a job offer with the original owner (now deceased). I got it later from his son who was too young at the time of purchase to know any how/whys. Since I have posted that graphic on the site, I have become aware of two others still in existence. The purpose is to allow lifting of a rear or front mounted piece of equipment without having to remove the deck (some what of a PITA on the Originals as I can attest). One lift handle lifts the deck and the other lifts either a front or rear mounted implement. That's about all I can tell you about it.

Myron B

Just for the record, I wasn't implying "jury rig" as I've seen plenty of "ho-made" work that will rival <u>any</u> factory or manufactured parts. I did see in the pic that it wasn't a cobb.

Anywho...I wasn't paying enough attention when re-installing the head with new head gasket on a 301 that I have the incorrect head bolts to use with the gas tank mount. The engine came from a 129 and is now in a 73 so I can't use the 1X9 style mount. Do I dare trust reusing that head gasket when I change to the right bolts ? Or is there another gas tank mount I'm not aware of that does not use the head bolts ?

Myron B- Glad to have you as a sponsor!
I'm kinda new to "cc's" I've never heard of the spirit of "76" cc you mention on the CCSR. What makes them different from other cc made in "76"? Can you post a pic?
Thanks

Spirit of 76:
149591.jpg

I "borrowed" this pic from another site. We'll put it back when we're done with it?
Just got back from a week in Connecticut. Amazing how much snow melted in that time. I can see the front lawn! Today will be a Cub Day!
biggrin.gif

Back