• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agitch

I sure did & I'm really not to worried about it because I have my implement relief valve (dump valve) set a pretty low PSI. Besides the fabricator that I am remanufacturing/repairing is not an issue.

Brendan B
If you are just removing the three bolts that go thru the tank mount, I would reuse the head gasket if the engine has not been run. You will need to retorque all the head bolts after it has been run enough to get the engine up to operating temperature anyway. Let it cool down before you retorque the bolts.

If the cross brace is still intact on the hood of your 73, the tank and mount from a 10 hp is probably all that will work, without the cross brace hitting the tank, unless you modify the mount and use the 7 hp tank. The 12 hp tank and mount is bigger, and the crossbrace will hit it when you try to close the hood, at least it will on a 70/100 and the 73 should be similar.

Jason B: For the 1976 US Bicentennial Celebration, IH took the existing Model 76 and painted/decaled it in Red/White/Blue within a specific serial number range and rebadged it as the "Spirit of 76". The SO76 was available as an option only during the 1976 model year. Each IH dealer only got about two or three of them so they are fairly scarce, although I suspect the dealers probably could order additional ones if needed. Here's mine...

Myron B
149606.jpg

LEWIS PALMA...Thanks for the S/G repair site. Nice copy. Bad news, cant figure any way to print it or move it or save it. Do I have to join that site to use their stuff? Thnx Allen.

Thanks Paul..It hasn't been run yet, been waiting on gas tank and to build an exhaust.
The brace is still on the hood, I've been looking at ways to mount a 12hp tank without cutting the brace. Don't think that's happening cause I'm not about to cut the brace. I will dig around some more this weekend and locate the right parts.

Good progress on the 104 this week. I sandblasted the entire thing and now its a nice shade of primer gray. I still have to clean up the rear end a little better(ran out of medium). I am having issues with my pc, so no pics(sorry). My uncle who was working on the carb has had a stroke so I'm not sure if/when I will get it back. Still working on the K but it is coming along nicely. The gas tank is rusted on the inside so I will have to fix it or just replace it. I will post the pics after I get another pc.

Oh yeah almost forgot! I was digging around in my grandads massive garage and found a set of Cub wheel wieghts and a single bottom plow that may need to find their way to my house! The plow is a crapsman, but looks like any other one I have seen on this forum. I was wondering if they werent made by another company? It is from the 70's so I was just wondering. It looks like it is brand new because I remember when he got it and also that he may have used it 2 or 3 times since. He also has an IH 184 sitting in there that I would like to snag up as well.

Scott S
My Crapsman plow was made by Brinly <font size="-2">(so I was told)</font>.
Just the same as the big boys use with different paint.
Mine works fine. <font size="-2">(And I'm a city boy)</font>

149623.jpg

It was a beauty day hear in Ontario to day. the 125 got a bath and a waxing.
ihrotate.gif

I started my weekend off upset because the deck on my 149 broke again.. For the first time I actually went mower shopping and felt weird thinking of spending 4K on a new John Deere just to give me the power of my good old half broken down 149 Cub from 1974.
All of the mowers at lowes and home Depo are plastic – what up with that… I posted on craigslist and talked to a few people about getting a replacement deck. Today at the recommendation of someone online I hit the Auction in PA. I stood all morning in the cold rain waiting to Bid on a 50 inch deck for my Cub. I think everyone felt so bad for me freezing and soaking wet not one person bid against me. I got my NEW used 50 inch deck for $10.00 what a deal. I also picked up a Craftsman 46" Deck Garden Tractor Kohler Pro V Twin Engine to have as a back up for a few hundred. It’s clean.I am not a fan of Craftsman but with a Kohler motor I should be ok for a season as back up.
My only regret was that I did not get 1 more cub. They had a really nice 129.
Maybe I’ll sell the Craftsman later and pick up my second cub .. I’ll be looking for more auctions. :) Maybe next time it will not rain as bad and i will not fall in the mud. :)

Brian L & Scott S - My "Brinly" plow was also purchased at Sears by the previous owner. Like you said, same plow different paint.

Brian, nice garden pics in your sandbox thread. Still some frost in the ground here in Minnesota so it'll be a couple more weeks before I put the tiller on. Hoping to have the 1250 back together and ready for work by then, after tearing it apart to refurb it over the winter. Otherwise, the tiller will go back on the 782.

Scott, I wish I had a grandpa with a big garage full of goodies! That'll be my new excuse when my bride wants me to clean the garage - I'm collecting stuff for my grandson to discover in a few years!

Lisa - Congrats on your good fortune at the auction. (The lack of competition for the deck, not falling in the mud!)

I got my new sleeve hitch put on the 782 today. Thanks Charlie!

149645.jpg

Scott, I've got a crapsman 10" plow. It was made by Brinly, just different paint and crapsman stickers.

Hey Guys, Quick Question I need a website where I can find out the year and month my cub was built. Any help appreciated. Thanx Cory

Does any one know where to get "steel ball spacer that goes inside flex disc" Part of drive shaft. I thought it would come with flex disc I bought notta?? Maybe I dont need it. I am lost about this .Need help if someone knows thanx

Wayne, one of the sponsors above should have what you need. What tractor do you need it for and do you need the front or back bushing?

Latest posts

Back