• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
On this manual thing, Back in the old days EVERY piece of equipment Dad ever bought came with an Operator's manual of some sort. And even though Dad wasn't real fancy about filing things He had a file cabinent with EVERY Operator's Manual and parts list, and installation Instruction for everything He had from Power tools to farm tractors. Even though most of those documents are 40 to 60 yrs old now they still make facinating reading. And My files are even bigger! I used to order the parts books & Operator's Manuals at FARMALL and I could get free samples every now & then. One thing I don't have is a CPE-2, but My dealer does and so do ALL Our other Sponsors. We don't say RTFM to be mean.... but to Help People help themselves. Seems that the most often asked questions on this and other forums is "Where do I Buy ????" Here it's obvious, at least to most. On the other forums if I bother to post I suggest people look in the Yellow Pages of their local phone book. I'm a Professional Purchasing Agent, I spend about $8 Million of someone else's $$$ a year, and I still grab the phone book frequently. The Thomas Register has too many suppliers and they're all too far away.

Got to thinking of this yesterday-
Anyone ever bought a NEW Brinly plow? If so, could I get a picture from the left side? Reason I'm asking is because the 12" plow I have never really wanted to "suck" itself into the ground no matter what the adjustment, but using a 40# weight made it work right. A year ago I was plowing and bent the nose of the plow down, well ever since I bent it back up I've been able to get it to suck into the ground correctly without the weight, BUT as far as I can tell I just bent the nose back where it was. What's the deal?

Denny -

I've been meaning to talk to you about the CPE-2
roflol.gif

Limp card board, major surgery and a big RTFM run...

Boy oh boy did I pick the right time to start keeping up with the forum.
wink.gif

Glad to see you pulled through Richard and that Weaver is still at it too.

Wyatt -

How new? Mine's a Brinly and is prolly 3-4 years old, even though it had some other company's name on it.

Thanks Richard C. Good to know.

I have ATFM's for my 1650 and I'm not too bad at figuring things out on my own, but there's some interesting guys here who know a lot more about Cub Cadets than the monkeys who wrote my manuals.

I didn't see a reference in the archives or on the sponsor sites as to whether new hydro linkage components for a 1650 are still available. Anybody know?

Steve B, If you do ref MIL-TP41 make sure that drawing is 100% correct. Once they find out what it means the drawing will get reviewed pretty thoroughly like mine did. I got a list you wouldn't believe. With ACAD you see the details a lot more since you are working directly with the drawing instead of through a 3rd party, we had NoCAD.

Dave A,
Which hydro linkage components are you lookin for? Before I go diggin into this, it might narrow my search time down if you can be a tad more specific.

(Message edited by cproctor on February 18, 2005)

Wyatt,

I sold one to Richard C.; his only chore is to get better,though. Another went to Rob Pappas; he sold it I think. One to Tony Woodrum; his puter is on the fritz. One is in TN now...'nough said here about that. Another went to Jon Niday, I think. I've got two new unassembled moldboards downstairs, but no digicam. I can't remember who else got one of mine. I'll try to snap a photo soon if you can wait 'til they're developed. Let me know if that might do you some good. I would assemble one for you, but I have no more beams for them.

Richard,

That's in the xx8/9 & xx00/50 manual (I think), but under the hyd. lift section, not the hydro section.

Dennis F:

If my old dad had the manuals for everything he's accumulated over the years he'd need another huge storage building just for that.

What's "CPE-2" refer to? A parts manual?

Steve B.
Okay I see it now, page 2-92 in GSS-1464. Might have helped if I had RTFM.
stupid.gif

Thanks
Richard C.

Dave A. -

What Charlie said.

It's an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet implement parts book. So when a nagging question like "what's the difference between a QA-42 and a QA-42A" comes to mind, you can take the book under your arm and head to "the library" and play "one of these things is not like the other"...
wink.gif

Lookin good Richard. It's good to have you with us. I really enjoy seeing pics of the items I've found homes for. The coolest thing in those pics though is the lift. Where's the cardboard with the notes? haha.

Wyatt: those Brinly plows were all 10". Will they tell you anything?

(Message edited by jkoenig on February 18, 2005)

Dave Armstong.....Hi ..Just wanted to introduce myself and inform you that there is help closer than you think.....like just down the road in chatham, where i live:eek:r blenhiem, where Rob F. lives. I have (2)125's, (2)1450, and a 1200 c/w rear pto. rob has a 129,1450,and a 682, that he is just finished building a loader for, and is getting ready to build a backhoe for it. We don't post all the time (don't think Rob F. has posted here at all) , but we have been lurking around here daily for the past five years or so absorbing all the usefull info that comes this way ...
lurking.gif
so if we can be of any help, let us know...and hopefull someday/someyear we will have a plowday down here in sothwestern ontario, for all to enjoy
ihrotate.gif

Richard what is that GREEN thing at the end of the field?
happy.gif

Digger

Don't know what the actual parts are called, but I'm talking about the linkage pieces that typically get worn and cause erratic ground speed. I'm sure you've heard this sad story lots of times before:

The tractor slows down after I travel a short distance (50-60 feet). Sometimes it'll be okay for a while longer, but usually I have to keep jacking the lever or it'll eventually slow to a crawl. Another symptom is that neutral isn't actually neutral. In my case it's about a half inch up into the forward position. It also jumps into forward motion if I push the pedal down.

I'll review the manual, educate myself on the proper terminology for the linkage parts and get back to you.

Latest posts

Back