• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick M. -

I assume it's on your 86?

Hope this pic from the 3-point "setting up" instructions helps:
25766.jpg

#6 gets positioned on the outboard side of the lift handle (between the handle and the frame. Makes for a cozy little installation.

Hey Bryan - that's clearer than the manual pic I see. Thanks!

It's going to be a cozy fit for sure. I'll have to drill a hole though, mine doesn't have a hole in it for the pin.

When/where is Spring Plow Day? I saw a post for Iowa, but I thought someone said there was one at or near Steve's place again.

Travis's place in Rockford, IA......April 9th.

You shouldn't ahve to drill any holes for the sleeve hitch to bolt on to your 86....check everything over real close to make sure you are not missing anything.

Rick M. -

Only one I know of is the spring PD at Travis' in IA. Last fall was at Big Steve's.

SB -

Actually, there is a hole that needs to be drilled per the instructions - note the zerk on the top of the lift bar...

25769.jpg

I wonder how many folks actually did such a thing?

I've seen some lift bars with the zerk and some without. I'd think that a little grease in there would be kinda nice.

Travis -

I agree, and it's gotta beat trying to aim your oiler in the right spot and not get it all over the place...

And you're absolutely right about the folks that would actually grease it. Let alone oil it.

But I wonder why only the front pivot and not the rear, too...

BTW, here's a powder coated battery hold down. It is a perfect paint match, and has a very shiny finish. Wouldn't fit for a perfect restoration, but it sure is purty
smile.gif

25772.jpg

Travis -

Sure is. But I'd have to question your choice of a background
wink.gif

The rear one has a bushing, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to grease that also. Guess that's why I'm not one of those smart engineer type guys
stupid.gif

Travis -

OK - felt on slate is acceptable
lol.gif

How's it hold up to chipping? One paint chip and it's all over when the acid gets in there. I'd be interested in how much abuse it can take.

Not sure. It's prctically impossible to chip. We did a timing chain cover for a small block Chevy then went out and beat it on a steel fence post. It dented the hell out of the cover, but never broke the seal on the powder coating. I assume if paint, powder coat, or any other protective finish were chipped and got acid underneath, it'd be all over :-(

I think powder coating has it's place, especially on high wear items (footrests, rims, etc). The price has come down so the average Joe can afford it, and the quality of the material, selection of colors, etc has gone up. I'm not saying everyone needs to run out and powder coat their tractor, but there are some major benefits over paint.

Travis -

Amen on footrests. Even blitz black comes off of footrests eventually
wink.gif

Might be the perfect coating for pan seats when the youngins start climbing all over the tractor (with riveted jeans, of course!) at a show...

I'm going to try a hood just to see how the finish turns out. Maybe I'll beat it with a hammer and post a pic
lol.gif

Man, this is more than I've posted in the last month. At least there's something to discuss!!!

Travis -

I think we're all up (or at least I am) waiting to see snowflake ONE from this supposed storm!

Powdercoating an implement would be intersting. A 59M perhaps - see how the insides hold up???

Charlie -

Well, yeah, we always knew that about you
roflol.gif

Bryan,
I did learned NOT to let the wife grease my Cubs with the air grease gun on that lift casting, Ya know you can get almost a full tube of grease in that thing before it starts comin out that pin hole!
angry.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on February 19, 2005)

Ok, Ok,....I'll give you the hole for the grease zerk........got me on a loop-hole.....
happy.gif

Bryan,

We've got about an 1/8" of snow on everything (better go out and lower the skid feet on the blade so I can push it).....but it's warming up and turning to rain. Almost 100% sure-fire bet that tomorrow AM will bring rain, rain, rain......

Crazy winter, that's for sure.......I'm missing out on all of that cool power angle time with the 782, and the 149/thrower has been used to move one snow, before Thanksgiving!!!!!!! Wierd wild stuff!!!!

Latest posts

Back