Archive through February 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep..would be cheaper as I already have material that would work, also have an assortment of urethane bushings from Energy Suspensions from past projects. I just want to be sure I won't have problems down the road.

Tony...There are several guys that use them and are quite happy with them. Sure beats doing them on the floor with pry bars.

Tony H.-

All you need to mount/remove tires is a set of tire irons. No fancy tire changer required.

does anyone know what gauge of steel our cub frames are made of?

Funny thing happened on the way to snow pile.....

185671.jpg

185672.jpg

shifter stuck in two gears, upon inspection found that someone has been using my gearbox for a snowcone machine.

Holy Schnikees!!!

Dang!!
yikes.gif
yikes.gif
yikes.gif
yikes.gif
yikes.gif
yikes.gif
yikes.gif

Was that a flood tractor?

I wonder what flavor it would be? It looks like it would have a bad aftertaste, I guess Im going out to the garage tonight and pull off the rear cover since my shifter seams to stick when its cold...

I guess after 40 years or so a little moisture might seep in.

What were you guys saying about neoprene gaskets?

Tim, Good idea for keeping the tranny fluid from running out uncontrolably when you pull the rear cover off. Most people just leave a couple bolts half in to control the flow.
happy.gif

Brendan B - Last winter I refurbed a 1250 and replaced the old, worn-out rubber iso-mounts with new ones. This winter I replaced the totally disintegrated iso-mounts on a 1450 with solid mounts. The 1450 with solid mounts may vibrate a little more at lower engine speeds, but I don't think there's much difference in vibration between the two at full throttle ("ramming speed"
clappy.gif
). I have no regrets and would use either method again, as needed. My 2 cents.
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back