• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ford Truck Help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few pics of the new truck, thanks to my wonderful daughter.
186862.jpg

186863.jpg

Coco definitely approves!
186864.jpg

This one's for ART!
186865.jpg

Vincent, nice truck, You better catch that rust before it gets ahead of you. Today a kid is bringing a 96 F150 to my house for me to look at it. He had 2700 on it wen i found it then he knocked it down to 2600. then i decided i didnt really want it because i found a completely rust free 97 F250 with a western unimount plow for $8000. but the kid and i were texting back and forth then he said $2500 brought to my house. Idk why he wants me to have it so bad because he said hes got 4 other people interested in it at $2700. but i wont complain. pix coming if i buy it!

Vince, Just an FYI, I know A GOOD BODY SHOP, it's in Star Prairie, WI. (I need to get my Rodeo in for a visit for some rust repair.
angry.gif
) I've known the owner since around 1993. I won't take any of my vehicles anywhere else for body work. Everyone I've sent there for repairs has been pleased with the results.

Dennis, you had me a bit worried with the "12 in. cresant wrench, a small hammer and sharp punch" part of the oil change...but I think I understand!

You sure it wasn't a 30 cm crescent wrench?

TERRY - No, it only says "12 inch, PENNCRAFT". I picked it up off the road on the way to work about about forty years ago.

At least it isn't "foriegn made".

Ok this has gone on long enough ...

187038.gif

I couldn't resit any longer !

KEN - At least FORD had the good sense years ago to put an International Harvester engine in their pickups.

I know everyone says the Cummins is better, but I've had to walk home too many times after a Cum'a-part has let me down.

These '94-1/2 to '97 Ford diesel pickups are some of the most reliable, best built pickups made in the last 40-50 years.

Dennis, By the way who made those Ford Garden tractors ?
1a_scratchhead.gif
Maybe Ariens/NH & xxxx... Boy that little bugger is Full of it... must of drank too much Old Milwaukee or Spotted Cow.

PAUL - Hey, Let's keep Spotted Cow a secret. New Glaris barely makes enough to supply Wisconsin!
But I will admit to sneeking some across the Border to friends! They have to have some on hand in case Wife & I visit don't they?
beerchug.gif
But NEVER more than a pickup truck & trailer full!

Not sure who made the Ford LGT, Had a co-worker in Fond Du Lac who was keeping one running with some help from the company's machine shop. It was a late 60's/early 70's model if I remember right. Guy in the little town of about 100 ppl down in ILL I grew up by, had an Ariens, Kohler-powered, Hydro transmission and hyd. lift. If anything I think it was built heavier than a Cub Cadet. LOTS of iron in that thing!

I'll snoop around the internet and see if I can find who made the Ford LGT's and post later. I want to say it was Ingersoll but I don;t think that's correct. I know they weren't made in Horicon.

Dennis - I've got a Ford hi/lo range hydro rear here if that guy needs one.
I use to know who made the Ferd mowers but I've slept since then, heck I've even forgot who made the MFs now.
Wait ... I think Simplicity made the blue ones ... ?

In the late 60's through most of the 70's, Ford LGTs were made by Jacobson. Then Gilson made them for a while and not sure when they stopped.

Wes - That's right it was Jacobson. I never can remember them
old.gif

I've only ever seen 2 Fords being used.

KEN - You've seen more Ford LGT's running than I have! I'm pretty sure my old co-worker's Ford was a Gear Drive with Belts... He had the machine shop make a steel gear to replace a pot metal gear that stripped all it's teeth. I guess JB Weld didn't work for Him!
lol.gif

My other co-worker there had a big Bolens about the size of a 982 CC that sounded like a decent tractor. At my last employer everybody had new Simple Tractors that they traded off every 6-8 yrs while I kept unsuccessfully trying to wear out my 40+ yr old Cub Cadets!

Funny thing at the place with the machine shop, first time I walked into the gear checking lab I saw a familiar looking gear sitting on the bench. It was a sliding gear for the speed transmission in a FARMALL ag tractor, pt # 393525R1, I asked the lab supervisor about it, it was a "Gov't Job". He was VERY surprised I knew what it was. I told Him it ran over about three machines in the dept. @ FARMALL that I'd been a production scheduler at back in 1977.

About 20 yrs ago two of the engineers I worked with owned Cub Cadets, a 102 and a 123 if I remember right. The Engineer who had the 102 had worked for an engineering consulting co. for many years. They did R&D work for smaller manufacturing co's. He told Me the one project He worked on a company brought in a CC 102 and a Simple Tractor mower deck and told Him "Put this mower on This tractor!". He got the mower on the tractor and working. Later He bought the tractor, mounted the IH mower, and never looked back!

PO of my 129 sold it to me for dealer's tradein offer on a new '85 Ford LGT...I mention this to him when he tells me about the 2nd or 3rd generation of Deeres that he's bought SINCE the Ford...
clappy.gif

KENDELL - Why's He needed so many new deares and you still have his old 129? Has He asked for his old 129 back ever?

Couple yrs ago Wyatt C. passed Me coming home from work, honked & waved. I followed Him to Home Depot and were were looking over the new LGT's.... Mostly green & yellow ones.... Compared to out 30-40 yr old yellow/white ones We were NOT impressed.

HAHA, nevermind the fact that my paychecks used to come from THAT green & yellow company.

I must have been on a tool run that day, hard to remember, that had to be almost 8 years ago?

Either way, the green & yellow company has done their homework with brand identity so that telling the difference between the "big box" model of tractor vs. their "own" is pretty difficult. I'll give kudos to them, I was privy to some data on draft loads (strain gauge data on draft links) on a CAT-0 plow that shows at least some of them can make a tough garden tractor (nevermind that it would sell for $15k). They do have a "test site" where tractors are used and abused, but I think it's limited to their higher-end L&G equipment only sold at actual Deere dealers.

Dennis:
Although he's bought from the D...e dealer, I think they've been selling him the lawn models.....
Asked for the 129 back?? Not publicly, but he won't give up the diecast 129 he got at the same time..
clappy.gif

OK, this is me pointing an laughig at Vince....

The poor guy buys a FERD truck and by the time it's all said and done we end up talking about JD lawnmowers...

roflol.gif

Art:
That's Dennis's fault.....but, if Ford was still making garden tractors, we'd have stayed at least on BRAND topic..
clappy.gif

Hey that BBT pulled its first Cub last night, pulled a 72 home. Could barely see the 72 on the trailer... The 72 is missing a few things and is going to donate a few parts to other Cubs.

My daughter is happy that she finally got her BBT - Big Blue Truck!

I need a longer drop down hitch receiver for pulling my trailer. The 2" drop is not enough, I am thinking I need more like a 6".

Back