Ford Truck Help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vince T

I had the same problems with my 2500 ram and found this.Its cats a $$, you can adjust the trailer up and down to level what ever load you carry. around $100.00 here,prob cheaper down there.
187261.jpg

Vince, you should check with your Dad, I believe he has one that drops maybe 4 inches???, Not sure how its measured, its acouple inches lower than what he needs.
Probably a little less than a Hundred bucks, too

Ron Thomley
i like this hitch because its adjustable. the proper way to check a trailer is with a level. set the level on the tongue and adjust till the trailer sits level. From the end of the tongue down to the ground measure,and then the tow vehicle for the top of the ball down to the ground. subtract the first for the last and you will be close. You must always have some tongue weight to tow correctly and safely.

KENDELL - I saw your post about blaming ME for getting O/T. I was just trying to get Wyatt involved in this conversation because I know He's got a couple BIG Ford p/u's.

VINCE - My suggestion for drawbars is to get several with different drops. I have two, a solid forged steel (made in china) that's straight for REAL heavy loads, then a 2 in. drop & 4" raise that's lighter duty. It's not too light duty, since it flat-towed the 7000# FARMALL M to RPRU this summer. They're quick & easy to change out, and rather cheap.

Looks like I'll find out on Saturday if my Dad's receiver hitch will work! Dad please remember to bring your receiver hitch on Saturday!

Guys, remember I extremely exceeded my budget when I bought this Truck..... I will make sure I am safe and secure when hauling something, just need to carefully spend what $$$ I don't currently have...

Hmm, tonight I get to buy new Baseball Spikes for the kid. Last years were fine until now, just too small, feet hurt, etc... Probably need to list some Cub things for Sale... I know its only money.

VINCE - I just used a bolt-on Curt receiver on my DMI 10" drop bumper when I first got my truck. Bumper was rated 1000#/10,000#. Four yrs ago I looked at real receiver hitches. Definitely Class 5. All the common names were REALLY expensive for what they were. I ended up with a Putnam XTR I think it was called. 1500#/15,000# rated and 16,000# with weight distribution hitch. It was the only bumper that would clear the 10" drop bumper I have. And it was about half the cost of a Reese or Draw-Tite. I called several local truck equip. shops and priced them, asked about quality, etc. Only suggestion I got was to upgrade the hardware which I did. It's still a 2" receiver so my old drawbar still worked. I also called and talked to Putnam's Customer Service.

Only bad part about installing the receiver is having to carry the spare tire in the box. I think it would still fit under the back fuel tank but would be a PITA to get in & out.

Vince, are two of the Grand Prix for spare parts?
1a_scratchhead.gif
On getting the F-350 into the garage, I recommend "Blunier Ramming Speed".
Shift.gif

Kraig, not yet.... they are daily drivers. The front one-closest to the truck/house is Andrew's '97 GT Coupe, next is my wife's '03 Limited Edition GT, last is my trusty-rusty '97 GT. I need to break out the rustoleum gloss black again this spring to make mine one color again.

Allen:
Yup - During the GOOD years..........
coffee.gif

VINCE - Even though it's O/T, (hehehe) I had a Gran Prix loaner car a couple yrs ago when my little hot-rod was in the shop for a couple days. Must have been an '07. I R-E-A-L-Y hated to give it back when my parts finally came in and got my car back.

I got one of those HUGE "bend-in-the-middle" C/IH's in the neighborhood too, except Mine has four tracks! It's odd, it's the only piece of red equip. the guy owns. The tenant that farms all around my yard for the neighbor is "ALL IH" however, I've seen everythng from an M, 300, 706, 1066, 1486, 3588, and now an MX-270.
I think he's still using the same A/F combine yet, those things NEVER wear out!

Vince-
What's up with the 12 tires on that thing?? I could see that for floatation in wet conditions, but the soil in this part of the state is pretty sandy.

Wait.... Is that a CHROME bumper on the front of that "bend in the middle" as Denny calls it? If so, that may have answered my question.
roflol.gif

Let me see, I may have another pic of that bend-in-the-middle tractor - IH 9280. Oh, yea I took 70 some pics of it.
That Chrome thing on the front appears to cover a slab of weight.
187797.jpg

It also had 20 weights on the back to help get some traction on those 12 Firestones and Goodyears.
187798.jpg

AWESOME !!!!!!!

Got only 13mpg, but we drove 75 most of the way. By far the easiest trip, this thing is a hauling machine! Next is to buy a set of Gages and atranny cooler, then do a couple more Mods.... I have a 6637 air filter on it, love hearing that TURBO whistle!

Thought I might of had to pull a 'Burb back to Hudson, but he must have made it.

VINCE - Does that PSD have a straightpipe on it? The OEM muffler was straight thru but HUGE. I removed it then my truck was about a year old just to save weight. The "resonator" was removed when SON & I did the clutch around 240K. I needed the room for my LUND running board mounts. Turbo really whistles now.
I didn't put in a downpipe. I'm not cutting/beating on my firewall, but it's 3-1/2" pipe all the way to about 1-1/2 ft ahead of the right rear wheel. It sounds so nice under load I normally run with the passenger side window open a couple inches even in winter!

PSD's get the best MPG @ 2000 rpm. With your 4:10 gears/E4OD you should be around 67-70 MPH. With my truck 72 mph is right around 2100-2200 RPM and I get 18-19 MPG not towing.

Latest posts

Back