• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

mod 70 1963 my way

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
I spent quite a bit of pondering deciding what color scheme I really like .I have said before ,I am not fond of yellow( I think it reminds me of calf scours growing up) But I obviously appreciate the quality of old cubs! So here is before and after of mod. 70 ,stencils in the mail...Stock 7 hp ,this sat in a lean to for ten yrs and yet a carb clean had it running .A huge but pleasant surprise.....A lot of rust on bottom of tower that had to be cut away and replaced as well as lots of pitting on some frame parts.Fortunately a friend is very good at thin metal welder(I'm not)...I'm thinking it will look pretty good pulling a # 2 IH cart at tractor shows....All this in Feb. is just unreal.Of course I use rattle cans,rustoleum farm implement type..I heat paint in hot water soak before each use.. I'm going to do a leather wrap on steering wheel,it's badly cracked.....your turn !!

Attachments

• 100_1572.JPG
    100_1572.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240226_173849.jpg
    20240226_173849.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Looks nice!

I’d turn that hood ornament around if it isn’t too late paint-wise.
Charging forward!

And you’re right about heating rattle cans in a hot water bath before spraying - sure helps the job go better.

Keep up the good work!

I spent quite a bit of pondering deciding what color scheme I really like .I have said before ,I am not fond of yellow( I think it reminds me of calf scours growing up) But I obviously appreciate the quality of old cubs! So here is before and after of mod. 70 ,stencils in the mail...Stock 7 hp ,this sat in a lean to for ten yrs and yet a carb clean had it running .A huge but pleasant surprise.....A lot of rust on bottom of tower that had to be cut away and replaced as well as lots of pitting on some frame parts.Fortunately a friend is very good at thin metal welder(I'm not)...I'm thinking it will look pretty good pulling a # 2 IH cart at tractor shows....All this in Feb. is just unreal.Of course I use rattle cans,rustoleum farm implement type..I heat paint in hot water soak before each use.. I'm going to do a leather wrap on steering wheel,it's badly cracked.....your turn !!
Only a farm boy would know what calf scours look like. Probably a dairy farm? Your comment brought back memories.

Nice job Gary

Thanks for the kind comments gents..Trying to inspire others .I was at a show last fall where 120 tractors were.Mine was the only cub.I recieved a lot of positive comments and a few "why don't you redo that thing?"So here I am done ,oversprays corrected,steering wheel wrapped with leather but still waiting on new stencils..A huge amount of time but not much cost except for new compressor to do more sandblasting...At a guess less the 100 for paint and few sheets of sand paper.....get started on yours..

Latest posts

Back