Archive through September 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,
The throwout bearing is definitely a part of the picture, but there is a good chance that the throwout bearing spun on the driveshaft when it failed, tearing up the driveshaft in the process.

bruce,
thanks, I'll begin tear down in a few days, have some other work to do on the 100 also so might as well do it all at the same time.

Ben Meddles
The 70/100 used a 19 tooth second gear starting at S/N 96766. S/N's below that had a 16 tooth ...... unless someone has changed them at some point.

J-D Reaves..
Usually guys cut off the stock spindle and weld on a new stub axle from northern tool, this the threads....

John-David Reaves (Jdreaves) no they are high speed stub axls for a trailer rated at 2500 lbs and the black cap in the picture is a cover for the grease nipple for the hub. I did not want to be breaking my cub when hauling a full bucket load of dirt. so the pin was cut off and the hs was welded in its place. hope this helps. Later Don T

Danco DID offer those spendel/bolt on wheels with their loaders. the homedone jobs are VERY close. An surprised that the "super" cubs didn't get them from the factory

found why my 149 likes to run off when moving. At the bottom of the hydro lever shaft there is the clamp bracket for holding the shaft. in that bracket there is a plastic bushing to "grip" the shaft.I only had a shread of the bushing left. Runaway cub is not fun! Bushing is a bit over $7.00 Good hydro fix!

John-David Reaves-
With the "super steer" axle, upgrading the spindle is not necessary. The factory 1" from the newer units is more than adequate and does not depend on the integrity of a welded joint. If you look at the FAQ for the upgrade you'll see pictures of one of my hubs that was cut down in width (I forget the dimensions). Modifying the hub in this way retains a wheel track that is closer to factory dimensions as opposed to other methods.

Wyatt Compton (Wcompton) with the stub a installed i did see that the tires have a wider stance and this did improve on the stability of the loader when carrying a load in the bucket. It is much safer to operate . Safe and stronger than stock.

Is there is specific rod that is used as the lift rod on a QA42 snow blower? When I bought mine, it did not have a lift rod, so I am using the rod off of my snow plow. The blower only lifts up about 3/4 of an inch, which isn't high enough.

Steve, yes there are different length lift rods for the various front implements. You can use the same method that Steve B. used for his Ramming Speed™ lift rod to determine the proper length. I posted a link to the info a few days back, click on the September 5th, 2008 archive above and scroll way to the bottom.

Thanks Paul Serial number is 93649 So it should have a 16 tooth. Is it as easy as removing the shifter and counting or not?

Jerry B,

Are you going to brave the rain and come out to Steam-o-rama this weekend?

I'll be there most of the time I guess.

Keith

Hi all,

New to the forum. I'm from Maine and looking to purchase my first IH Cub - hopefully a 100. I'm an old Wheel Horse guy, have restored 3, but have always had an interest in geting an IH Cub.

I have a garden tractor gardening web site showing how I use these tractors that were built for more than mowing.

I thought that this forum would be the best place to get my feet wet with yellow paint
happy.gif

Micah in Maine

Kraig,
I am needing to build a shed very soon, and I love your design. Is there any way you could send me larger/clearer drawings? My e-mail is in my profile.

Just to keep on topic, I am going to start working on getting my 122 running after we move.

Randy, you wouldn't be able to open the files unless you have QuickCAD or AutoCAD. Those are just exported jpg images. I emailed more info.

I had a few minutes last night to get the pedestal bolted down on the Original after I cut and stacked a batch of firewood. Lots more firewood to get cut before winter. So many projects so little time.
bash.gif

John-
Great job on #696! Hope to see her at Montrose.. I kinda miss the old girl.

<font size="-2">(sniff..sniff...)</font>

Cool site Kraig. Thanks. I'm sure I'll be able to find something there that'll work.

Thanks again.
buttrock.gif

Randy

Rebuilding a Kohler K321 for my 1450. Please advise correct ring gap and valve lash for engine. Thanks in Advance

Latest posts

Back