• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrigham

displayname
Brendan Brigham
Pops...are you by chance running FF3 ? I am and have trouble with pics on this site. Sometimes if I refresh a time or two they will show up. This is the only site this happens with for me. Don't know why, I just deal with it.

Kraig...Lookin nice. It's not how fast you get it done but the quality put into it.
thumbsup.gif

Don, nice shed. Thanks, I built mine too, it was supposed to be just a garden shed for me to store the siding materials in and to work out of while I resided the house. After the house was resided I was going to build myself a 18x28, 2 story barn with a 14x28 open lean-to for firewood storage and a 14x28 shop (total overall size 28x46). My wife somehow forgot that she agreed on it, I should have gotten it in writing....
bash.gif
I even drew up plans for it, I've not given up on it yet.
whistling.gif

93855.jpg

93856.jpg

sorry.gif

Brendan: I do not think so this is my work computer and it just started doing it today. It keeps asking me to log in and password. That has never happened before.

I want to see tractors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pops

Kraig,

Nope, poured 'em out. I was gonna fry 'em up in the skillet since they were already lightly oiled, but my huntin' buddies lost their appetites.

Kraig.

Not sure where the photo was taken, I found it floating out in cyberspace a couple years back.

John-David Reaves-
I saw your question on the upgrade; stnandard hubs and wheels usually follow the 5x4-1/2 pattern (same as rear wheels I believe). The hubs are mounted to the spindles on the standard 1" taper roller bearings, with a spacer used between the inner flange of the spindle and the inner taper roller bearing. This spacer acts as a surface that the seal rides on as well. The method of securing can either be by bolt or stud/locking nut in combination with an SAE washer (the latter I prefer). For a stud, I used a large set screw that threaded in the end of the spindle with Loctite.

Most hubs use a fine threaded bolt, with a taper profile to keep the wheel centered on the bolt pattern. I managed to find the same bolts at a tractor salvage yard with the "IH" head for that "factory" look.
baldguy.gif

I have a question for you mower deck experts:

I have 2 42" mower decks that came with the 102s that I have. I plan to make one good deck from the two of them, one has good sheet metal but a cracked and crookedly welded center casting, and spindles that sat out in the weather for years. The other deck has at least a couple of good spindles, a good center casting, and has a spring loaded tensioner, but the sheet metal is rusted out. Both decks have center pulleys that are "dogged out" to one degree or another, causing the front edge to rub against the deck.

I'm hoping to find a good pulley at Arcadia later this week, but failing that, has anyone found a good way to repair these pulleys?

Thanks Wyatt Compton.

Thanks for your answers. Was wondering if you or anyone else might have photos they could post to show how wheels and hubs mount to spindles?

John-David Reaves Roll Tide

I have a 100 cub. What are the chances that it has a 16 tooth second gear. and how do I find out?

Kraig,

I just finished my "O" this weekend. Man is it nice to be done.
93865.jpg

93866.jpg

Kraig we will keep rooting for you on that new shed/barn. The wife will dream up another project soon enough. New keyboard
buttrock.gif

John, very nice job! Cool, it's a recoil Original! hmmmm, would that be Art's old 696? Of course it was 969 when Art had it.
shhh.gif
angel.gif

John-David Reaves (Jdreaves) I have a few shots of the axel mods i did on my 129 loader that might help..
93869.jpg

DONALD TANNER.

Thanks for the photo. Looks like you used a 4 lug hub/wheel and threaded the end of the spindle and used a retainer nut and cotter pin/grease cap like on a trailer wheel? Was curious as to how I could mount hub (4 or 5 lug) to spindle without having to thread spindle? Seems I can use a large washer behind hub and second washer and fine thread cap screw on outside (existing threaded hole in spindle) to hold hub in place? I'm not much of a welder, AND CAN PROVE IT, and any machine or major welding work has to be farmed $$ out.

Thanks again,

John-David Reaves Roll Tide

Kraig

Thanks and yes that is old blue hood. Looks a little better now I think.

bad rattle and vibration from clutch area can see sparks flying from area of throwout bearing.
Would throwout bearing be the sole culprit or should I expect other damage when I tear it down?

Back