Archive through September 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I await my new parts I have replaced the battery in my cub and had fully charged it. I went to make sure it was holding a charge and low and behold it was dead. I am 99 % sure the wiring is correct, what would draw the battery down? If nothing then I will return the battery.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks guys for answers to SUPER STEER UPGRADE.

One more simple question. Could I use the stock 1" spindle and simply install a standard 8" wheel with a 1" bore? I wouldn't be adding a loader and that extra weight. I'm just trying to figure a simple way to do this steering upgrade and get the benefit of a tighter turning radius without the additional cost of having to farm out welding or machine work.

Another idea I've been toying with when I finish my restoration. Has anyone though of 'Nose Art' on the Cubs, similar to the 'Nose Art' on WWII aircraft? You know, the beautiful girls and catchy names? I think I'm going to add some artwork to my 169 when she's finished.

Thanks for all your patience and advice,

John-David Reaves Roll Tide

Kraiq spoke to Charlie last night about my latest find. A 38" tow behind frail mower with what looks like a 8 k motor to run it and a IH cart (trailer) and 2 boxes of Cub parts . i did not look in the boxes to see what was there and have to wait 2 weeks till its cleared to pick up.lol i`am 1 happy cubber $300.00....later DonT
thumbsup_old.gif

Hi I'm tring to find info on tires. I have a 105 and it came with rotten tires. They are 6-12 on the rear and 4.80-4.00-8 on the front. What other sizes will fit? There seems to be all kinds of 12 inch and 8 inch sizes out there? I'm looking for something aggresive.

I found some interesting stuff to remove paint super fast today at Fleet Farm.
I less than 2 minutes, this points cover went from this,
93907.jpg

to this,
93908.jpg

It's some pretty cool stuff.
It doesn't desolve the paint, it just removes it from the metal.
93909.jpg

Mar-Hyde is the brand of "Bare Metal Prep" spray that I had issues with the primer and paint not sticking to. Doesn't surprise me that they make a product to remove paint.... Several years ago after removing all the paint with a wire cup brush on an angle grinder, I had used the bare metal prep spray then primed the steering column, pedestal, transmission, fenders and a bunch of smaller parts and I had primed and painted the axle, tie rod, drag link and a bunch of small parts for my Original refurb. This year I had to redo all of it due to the primer and or paint flaking off.
angry.gif

Does anyone know where to find out how much cub cadets wiegh? Im just talking about the tractors themselves. Thanks,Dustin

Kraig,
I'd heard the same thing. So just to be on the safe side, I dipped it in Muratic acid for as few seconds to kinda etch it real good.

Dustin, what model, that spec. is in the brochures, I have copies of most of the brochures.

Latest posts

Back