• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 21, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
In your spare time, would you like to come replace that pin in the hydraulic handle on my 109. I think my step-grandson was a little hard on it yesterday and broke it. I need to get that fixed before I put the front blade on for winter. I remember putting it in when I installed the hydraulic lift and you talking about doing it ealier this month. I remember it being so much fun but I need to get at least one unit ready for winter.

Wes H,
Get yourself a piece of round stock about 14" long, grind the end down to just under 1/8" and pop that little sucker out. PB Blaster it first though.
Then for the install, drill a 1/8" hole about 1/8" deep in the other end, stuff that roll pin in the end, put it in place with a little tap from a LFH, then turn the rod around and drive it home.

Thanks Charlie, Thanks Steve, its a 10 inch plow.I read the info and it looks like i have to stick it in the dirt next. I didn't think about looking in FAQ, I just assumed if you have a plow you already know what your doing. I apologize for assuming. All I have is Turf tires. Do you think I can squeak a test run out of them? Or should I give it up and move on to the grader box. I think its a grader box. Its "different". I'm trying to get a picture and post it may take a day or two.
Thanks again.

Hello all! Long time reader, first time poster.

My Cub Cadet repair project is coming to an end hopefully this week, as I'll be spraying some paint shortly. That brings me here to ask a few questions. I've got two quarts of Cadet Yellow 759-3263 I'm going to use.

1. What type/kind/brand of reducer/hardener/fisheye is compatible with this paint? (Or, do I even need this stuff for my paint job?) I hate to get something incompatible and ruin the paint. The label on the can doesn't tell you much.

2. What mixture of the above do you use?

3. I've got a siphon gun but have access to gravity feed gun. Any recommendations on witch one to use and why? Any change in paint mixture between these types of guns?

4. Does anyone have any links/websites on painting how-to?

5. It's currently 50 degrees here and ain't going to get much warmer for the rest of the week. Will I still be able to paint?

As you can see, I'm a little new to painting. I've seen it done hundreds of times, just not done it myself. I've done some searching here and on the 'net but, haven't found out much on this paint. Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Hmmmmm,
31760.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!
Where do I get a belly blade for to mount on my 72?
That would be the bees knees for fixing up the road to camp. Way more betterer than a rear blade.

Decided to build be a center blade over the weekend so I can level out a few yards of sand next weekend.
31770.jpg

I hope it works out, I would hate to think I burnt up a good shirt welding it together for nothing.

Ran into a problem I haven't seen before. This is on a 1450 that followed me home recently. Cracked all of the way across the bottom and started up the side. Both sides are the same.
31774.jpg

Other than welding it up, should I add maybe an angle as shown or add something to the top side like this?
31775.jpg

Open to any and all ideas. Thanks

Attachments

• 31774.jpg
    31774.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 31775.jpg
    31775.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 132
John G.
I've seen a lot of guys just weld cracks up and never have problems.
But if you want another frame, I've got a good one down here your more than welcome to have if ya come get it.
biggrin.gif

Did me some playin around tonight with that stuff I bought from the Kentucky GRUMP last year.
I might just have to re-line everything, LOL
31777.jpg

Attachments

• 31777.jpg
    31777.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 135
Lonny B...
How timely. I just shipped the mid-mount grader blade from our old Simplicity to Iowa and I miss it, already. Please keep us updated on how yours works out. Eventually, there's going to have to be one hanging under one of the Cubs here!

I got Hank's book yesterday. Hank, you obviously did a lot of work and research into how the Cub Cadet came to be. It must've been a thrill to talk to everyone involved in the concept and development. It sounds like they were too busy developing new models to really enjoy the success of their original concept. I especially enjoyed the pictures and acknowledgements of several contributors to this forum and the one across the street. Great job, Hank.

Lonny, any chance can you take some more photos of your mid mount blade from different angles and post them? TIA

LONNY B. - About 23 yrs ago I found the replacement cutting edge from a large road grader in one of Dad's junk piles, 1/2" thick hardened carbon steel about 5" tall. It had a factory edge and a broken edge that I cut off with a hacksaw using about 4 good new blades, THAT's how hard it was. It's 40" wide and I welded up a turntable out of 1/4" plate to angle the blade and used a 3/4" grd #5 bolt as the pivot pin. I wish I could angle the ends down like the blade M&W Gear made for Cub Cadets back in the 60's but I can press down on the ends with My feet. I've never even seen a brochure posted here about the M&W blade but I had one back when I was a Kid. Anyhow I've used the blade MANY times for grading everything from snow, 2" thk ice, to dirt to packed crushed rock. It just bolts onto the mule drive bracket of the 72 in place of the mower deck. Biggest project I've undertaken with it is leveling the fill dirt around My In-Law's swimming pool. We would haul 3-4 single axle dumptruck loads of black fill dirt every Saturday morning with wheelbarrows and My dump cart and make windrows of dirt where We needed fill. Take all morning with three-four of Us working. I could level & pack it with My 72 in 20-30 minutes. And That was before I had My Firestones on the 72. 6-12 GY Turfs with no chains! Been 18 years and the fill hasn't settled making any holes or low spots so I must have packed it pretty well. After You use a belly blade I doubt You'll ever use a front blade again unless you play in the snow. The secret to using them is to mount them on a GEAR DRIVE.
thumbsup_old.gif

Paul -- Thanks for the kind words. It was a really fun project and an ongoing one. I wish I had some of the additional info that I have now back before that thing went into production. But I guess that just makes it possible to put together something additional in the future.

Hank

Kraig- Thanks for the scans. Reinstalled the spring assist "correctly" and what a difference having one of these makes! I can life my 44" deck with one finger. Can't wait to try the snowblower.

Matt- Appreciate all your help with the tiller and am looking forward to using it! My wife wants a bigger garden now.

I'm getting ready to mount a #2 rear mounted rototiller on an 82 Series Cub Cadet. It didn't come with a belt when I purchased it. I've already changed the lower gearbox pulley for a 5/8" belt. Does anyone know how long the 5/8" V-belt needs to be to get back to the rear gearbox? My Cub Cadet dealer tells me that the IH# 135 553 C1 is no longer available through MTD/CCC and they offer no length or cross reference information.

Hank W. Definitely look into another book on the Cub Cadets. You will have to come back and visit more with Mr. Ricketts about the other prototype hydro Original. That one may still be out and about as it was sold to another Sunstrand employee and his sons. Since it is also a prototype as I found out with the prototype snowblower and prototype hydro transmission nowadays they would be cut for scrap almost immediately after their useful life was deemed up. It seems with todays "sue for whatever" attitude companies can't be too careful. Oh, BTW... I know of the approximate whereabouts of the prototype hydro Original... if it still exists.

One more thing... I have to find out more info about the development of the hydro unit of the 656 and other IH tractors. We have one of the IH hydro housings in the plant. That should be a interesting story there if anyone other than me would be interested.

Back