• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speterson

displayname
speterson
Brian, I put that 54GT deck on the 782 about 8-10 years ago. It is the single best modification I have done on that tractor. I know I had to make a few changes to hang it on the sub frame, but once mounted it has plenty of lift to mow in my horse pasture and not hit rocks.
I also installed a super steer axle and power steering from a later model tractor. It makes a great mowing tractor.

I believe Steve Blunier also put the same deck under one of his 782s a few years ago (before he got the doodlebug). I think his tractor has the factory axle so the super steer shouldn't be needed with the 54 inch deck.

290898.jpg

I will say though, you need to have stock rear tires with this deck. There is not enough clearance between the deck and tires to have anything larger.
I also have to use a floor jack to raise the front of the tractor when I roll the deck under while mounting. There isn't enough clearance to slide it between the front and rear tires without lifting them 6-8 inches off the ground.

Thanks for the info Marlin. I'll pull up that manual and see what it says. The hydro has new hy-tran and correct filter. If the manual has no easy fix than I guess I'll pull those valves out as you suggest. You know what a PITA that is on a 127!

Mine has an 1864 super steer axle and 26" rubber oN the back.....very tight fit, but great deck! It will fit wit stock axle aND 10.50 rubber but it's tight.

Doodle bug has same deck under it......

290900.jpg

290901.jpg

290902.jpg

GT54 deck on 782 with stock front axle and 10.50 rears. Had to clearance a bit of the front lip of the deck to clear on full lock to lock turns.

290904.jpg

Current configuration with 1864 SS and 26 rubber.

It is (Little) Steven's ride while I use the 365L (doodlebug). Both share the 54" deck.

(Not so "little" anymore at 13 years old!!!!)

hello im looking for some help/info I just recently purchased a narrow frame windbreaker soft cab and realized that im missing 3 brackets both of the small brackets that go from the footrest to the supports and also the one the goes from the dash tower mount to the bottom of the windshield mount.if anyon e can give me measurement's of them and pics would be helpful thanks

Interesting Steve. I've got a 54" GT deck on an 1861 I got free this spring. It had a blown headgasket and had sat for a few years. I fixed the engine and spent a long weekend giving it alot of TLC. Put new blades & deflector on the deck. Initially I figured I'd scavenge parts to mod my 782 but it's been my best mower.
782 has a 50c & been using it on & off but the deck doesn't compare with the 54". I figured it would have to have the tall SS axle to stuff the GT deck under & even then with such a short lift travel I wondered if it would even be viable. You guys got my wheels spinning for sure, although at this point I don't think I can take my 1861 apart, it's just been too good of a machine. The 782 looks cooler though.

Brian: You might want to check out Charlie's FAQ #53 "How do I get more lift out of my 82 Series Tractor" stolen from Richard Christensen, as well as <strike>Kraig Conaughey</strike> Steve Blunier's solution of bending up the portion of the sub-frame that stays in contact with the frame so that you have more room to adjust the deck at the front.

<strike>Kraig's</strike> Steve's Modification below:

290926.jpg

290927.jpg

290928.jpg

Jack B. I can't remember that well when I worked on the 147 that I used to have but here goes. Pull the fenders off and you should be able to get fairly close to the check valve buttons to spray some good penetrating oil on them. Then make sure the tractor's rear end (wheels) are off the ground and secured so they won't come off the blocks. With the engine running push those buttons using a long screwdriver down. They'll be under a lot of pressure so they'll be hard to move. Either that or use the side lever for towing to push them down. Move the tractor's hydro lever forward and reverse while pushing those buttons down with the manual release lever. The penetrating oil should work its way into the buttons and help free up the buttons which normally are the sticking part.

Why pull the fenders to get to the relief valves?

Just unbolt the inspection plate that's over the top of the valves?

Jeremiah, actually that is Steve Blunier's modification to the mower deck. I have re-posted it for Steve on several occasions.

Adam, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
Here's the instructions for the narrow frame Windbreaker cab for the 107 series Cub Cadet. Sorry, no dimensions or better photos of your missing brackets.

290950.jpg

Adam, in your 1st picture, the hole that is shown, the foot rest bolt that is closest to that hole is where that end of the bracket goes. There should be a hole in the other end of that bracket that goes on the rear bolt hole for the foot rest that is diagonally opposite the front hole. However, I am not familiar w/the NF cab, the lower rear hole may go in the outside rear footrest bolt on the NF. Put it in the front outer hole and see if the rear hole lines up with either of the rear bolts

The front brace you are missing is basically just a piece of flat stock bent into a "U" to give clearance for your hands on the steering wheel.

I had to make all this stuff for my WF windbreaker to mount on my 1450 last year.

Steve B--great pic of "Little Steve" on the 782! He looks a lite different than the pic that Kraig posted on your PD thread!

Thanks Dennis. I thought the 4 paddle snowblower would work better. This is the only one I have ever seen. Must have been very rare.Planning on using this on my 1650 this year.

4 Paddle throwers are not rare. Nearly all of the QA-XXA models are 4 paddle designs. Early QA-XX and BB models are often 2 paddle, but 4 paddle augers are by and large the most common design on the wide frame models.

Performance wise, I prefer the 4 paddle and they respond very well to a speed up pulley (provided your thrower is in sound mechanical shape).

As with any thrower, wind the engine up to a full 3600rpm and feed the thrower until the engine is working hard......single stage throwers perform the absolute best when kept FULL of snow.....this is where the high HP hydro is KING. If it's not barking like you are chasing down a Deere at plow day, you aren't feeding the thrower hard enough!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Jeremiah, I did see the FAQ on adding lift to the 82 series, I haven't really looked into doing it though because I have the rear lift & the pin lifts right up to the bottom of the fender. I haven't seen the mod to the mule lift frame before. I think I'm going to look around for a GT deck & mule though & see if I can make it work. Those decks are so much nicer. I just assumed it wouldn't fit.

Latest posts

Back