• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes David I tried the diagonal way but the nf use these brackets circled in red I found this pic in the archives a guy by the name josh ott posted these awhile back is he still an active member? I thought if he was he could get some measurements on those brackets
290991.jpg

Adam, looks like Josh last logged in back in 2013. You could always try to email him, his email is still in his profile.

I emailed with Josh yesterday, he is just busy and will try to log in, but go ahead and use his profile email

Josh hasn't logged in because,

Turns out Josh likes to sell parts, take the money and not send them, to MANY guys!

And I booted his butt off the forum!!!!!!

Timothy, the #1 is 32" wide and offset to the right but can be made 38" wide with an optional extension. The #2 is a fixed width of 38".

290993.jpg

290994.jpg

290995.jpg

Timothy,

The difference between the #1 and #2 tiller is the width. A #1 tiller is fairly narrow, 32 inches wide. This was fine for the earlier narrow frame tractors with the narrow rear tires, as the tiller was wide enough to cover the tire tracks of the tractor. As the later tractors came along, they could be equipped with wide rear tires (23x10.50 - 12) and the standard #1 tiller was not wide enough. You could buy and extension kit, that made the #1 tiller 38 inches wide. The #1A tiller is the same as the #1 but I believe was the designation given to them to include the wideframe tractors. The #2 tiller is 38 inches wide and has no extensions. It can not be narrowed like the #1 or #1A tillers can. The book says the #2 is for serial number 65458 and above which is the very end of the quietline run and the start of the 82 series. The 82 series uses a 5/8 inch belt, where all the yellow and white ones use a 3/8 ish inch belt. I have a #1 and a #2 tiller, the #2 was on a 782 and the #1 was on a 127. My #1 is the narrow one, and I moved it a couple weeks ago with my 1650. When mounted to the tractor, the tiller only comes to the center of the rear tires. Dad has a #1 or #1A with the extensions. All three of them can be used on all IH Cub Cadet's (with the exception of the Original I believe, it used a self propelled tiller). The the only real difference is the bottom pulley on the gearbox, there is a 3/8 ish and a 5/8 lower pulley. I have 2 3/8 ones and a 5/8 one. The width and ability to chance the width and bottom pulley are the only real differences.

thanks kraig and scott if I read right I can use either one behind a 100 but the #1 is more readily made for a narrow frame

Latest posts

Back