• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
BEN - Two yrs ago I was doing My fall yardwork, pulling the lawn vac, from about 1-2 PM till 2 AM....normally I stop sooner but there was no dew that night so I kep going. While I was unhooking the trailer to put the vac & tractor in the shop the headlights stopped working. Combination of vibration and too high an amp draw and a 25 yr old switch and it totally burned the contacts out of the switch and almost set in, and the battery & whole tractor on fire. I ALWAYS pull the ground cable off ALL the Gubbies & Farmall's now.

Hey guys, anybody out there in IH land know any other trencher owners other than myself? I would like to get in touch with some of these other people in hopes to exchange information for the purpose of putting some back in operation.

Nice plow pics, BTW. would be nice if some of us could still find a weight set or two at a reasonable price......

Thanks Dennis on the answer to the weights not really a bad price either. Got a buddy that says we can make them from his lead pile but he is 75 yrs. old do not want to make him sick!

After working on old trucks and cars it never suprises me when the smoke escapes. LOL

Figured it would be a good place to put a tach now. Do not need a hour meter. I am all over this old iron on upkeep and maitenance.

Kendell: I think the sand in the hour glass got to energized from the 12 volts going to it.

Pops

Noel: I think that is one of those deals bite the bullet and pay the price for weights. Know a guy that has 15 rear wheel sets (yep 15 sets) will not part with any. Says they are going to be like a gold mine!

Pops

Noel B. -

We take our members' privacy serious here. So if any members have a trencher, they can look up your profile here and contact YOU if they wish.

We're not about to supply anyone with a list of our members.

Calm down Bryan don't get all hyper on us.
68797.gif

KENtucky, it looks like Bryan either hasn't ridden his Cub in a while and has the shakes or he's been riding a 169 waaaaay too much.
roflol.gif

KENtucky -

I don't know what could be construed in my post as being over the edge.

It's the second time he's asked for said information. Please allow us to moderate our own board
wink.gif

BEN - Company I used to work for, a division of a steel foundry used to have a few pieces of a part almost identicle to a Cub Cadet rear weight in stock, obsolete inventory. Only difference was it had FIVE valve stem clearance slots spaced every 72 degrees around the OD and were made from 50-55 Rockwell C-scale chrome-nickel-moly cast steel. Been pretty hard to drill mounting holes in them! Plus You couldn't get the mounting hole spacing correct for all four holes with the five slots.

KRAIG - I've often considered making a set of adjustable width rear wheels like the British Cub Cadets....but I'd want the centers about an inch thick for weight. Sure be nice to widen the track up a bit for some of the things We do with Cubbies.

Thanks Guys. At least this time I have an answer, and it makes sense. Didn't think about the privacy issue. My apologies.
Ben- Yes, you are probably right on the weights. Just like the rear fender issue.
Charlie- et.al. how do I reduce the size of an image to the 100kb limit? I haven't seen it addressed on the help pages, and it seems to be a fairly common issue. (I know I am still a newbie..)

I removed and replaced the starter/generator on my 149 but still have the same discharge indication on the gauge - slight discharge while running at half to full throttle, big discharge with lights on. I did MacGiver's test on the old s/g that prompted me to replace it with a used s/g. I haven't done the test on the newly installed s/g. Maybe I'll do that tonight. Could it be the voltage regulator? Perhaps the fact the s/g swapped out with ease should have told me I was fixing the wrong problem.
biggrin.gif
bash.gif

OK, here are a couple of resized picts showing the trencher right before it went under the knife.
68805.jpg

68806.jpg

Hello
Dang I'm embarrased... I fixed the hydrostatic in my 1250 this weekend and when I took the pump off I discovered I reversed the valve plates.Dont repair things when you're under a tremendous amount of stress
bash.gif

Bryan and Charlie-- It is great to see this day in age some folks still value other peoples privacy. Thanks guys.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back