• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaytay, you have any more pictures of that spike areator? That home made? Looks pretty spanky! Your profile pictures is great. Looks like a great area and garden to enjoy a Cub in.

D Trigg I am guessing you are talking about one of ther pins on part # 8 and the spring # 18 ?? If so yes if you can weld in a pin it "should" work and you need to replace the spring to prevent premature failure of the clutch disk and noise and vibration
225195.gif

Mike: I've gotten seat time every weekend lately, but still I'm hungry for more (at least until it gets insufferably hot)
clown.gif

Scott,

I'm a bit confused, when you write:

<font color="0000ff">Jeremiah, According to your 1250's serial number, it appears that the rear end in that machine was transplanted from a 1x8/9 series, from late 1972/early 1973....</font>

Judging from the S/N chart, the tractor was apparently built late in November 1972. I don't know what you're looking at on the axle, but if it looks to you like it was built in late 1972 or early 1973, then it would be right.

I only know a couple of things about it: (1) the charge pump seems to be in great shape, and (2) it is equipped with internal brakes (that need adjustment).

I couldn't understand why people kept asking about swapping out charge pumps, but now that I want to swap the hydro from the 1250 (without the hydraulic lift) into the Model 149 (with hydraulic lift), I understand the interest.

I never thought I would be cracking open a transmission, but I really want the nice, tight 1250 in the loose 149, so I guess I'll learn how. But you know what, it might be a good idea to get another hydro to have on hand in case I run into problems. That's it, I need a backup tractor for my parts tractor so I can fix the tractor that's backing up my main machine! (And you wonder why some people accumulate several Cubs.)
smile.gif

Finally, just what the heck is a <font color="0000ff">1x8/9</font>? Is one supposed to read it as, "One by eight slash nine?" What does the term signify?

Picture of the 1250 axle below:

225200.jpg

JEREMIAH,
Ya mean you don't have A/C on your CC's? I thought everyone did!
biggrin.gif

ROD

Mike P-
Thanks for the comments on the profile pic.

I don't have anymore pics of that areator....maybe Kraig does?
1a_scratchhead.gif

ART - I agree, we need more pic's of that aerator. Have to laugh at the "Other Forum" your a Mod at, they think a plug or core aerator is the ONLY style worth using. They must enjoy seeing millions of little dog turds all over their nice lawns. I had my small 2/10 acre lot plug aerated ONCE and started building my spike aerator the next day.

I'd suggest more weight on yours, I typically run with 300-400 pounds on mine and it's smaller than yours. Least you painted yours. Mine sits out 365 days/yr so I didn't bother painting. I wasn't sure what the "IH Paint Committee RULES" would have been for the different colors. I built it to pull with the sleeve hitch on the 72 but have pulled it several years with the Cat O 3-pt on the 982. The hyd. lift is nice. I guess I could go with a 2150 red frame, black spike wheels, and white wheels for the tires. I really should make it wider, about two more wheels. I have seven wheels about 5-1/2 in apart, so 32-33 inches, and nine wheels would get me out to 44 inches, just right for the 982, and the 72 could still pull it fine.

The photo that Art posted was taken by Chris Bennett at Plow Day 1. The plug aerator belongs to Pat Irlbeck.

225209.jpg

225210.jpg

Here's a couple photos of Pat's trailer taken by David Schmidt at PD1.

225211.jpg

225212.jpg

I'll look through my archives and see if I can find any more photos of Pat's aerator.

I just spent a little time in the Parts Lookup and it appears to me that the hydrostatic transaxles for the 123, 129, and 1250 are the same; have same part numbers. wow, talk about smart manufacturing thought process; get a good design and stay with it.

Mike, what is slip plate?

Is a roll pin used to connect drive shaft to flange on engine on my 127? PO has a couple of tack welds along with a nut and bolt installed and that does seem right from a point of engine balance.

Dan H., that should be a solid dowel pin. However, those often fly out so people substitute a bolt which depending on what grade is used may or may not have enough shear strength. Some people use a hose clamp to keep the dowel pin from taking flight.

Robert K., Slip Plate is a brand of graphite paint. Slip Plate Additional More Slip Plate info

Guys I see SO much eye candy here today, I see a tiller and box blade and so much I would love to have. 82 hard cab would be nice.It has finally stopped raining so I could mow the lawn.Now to get some seat time
Shift.gif
. Kraig did Charlie send you a lift Rod for an Original ? Denny how have you been ? all this wet weather and I`am hurting , but moving. I need to get my tiller checked out and working. Have a great day Don T
greenthumb.gif

Don, yes he did but it was the wrong lift rod. He thought we were referring to the rear 3 point lift bar so that is what he sent. I have to get it back to him next time he and I get together.

Kraig

When I spoke to him I said about shipping this over and he said ( No don`t do that, I will send him one). I guess the Old guy got to much on his mind , or is still snow blind lol. I was thinking of tack weld some flat tin on for the shipping label.

225217.jpg

just found 12" brinly plow close by, would my 127 be able to handle it?

DAN - If your K301 runs fairly well I think a 127 should pull a 12 inch plow. You have hydro infinitely variable speeds so it's not like you have gaps between gears.

If the price is reasonable GO FOR IT!

If it's a good deal get it, seems like they don't build a 12" these days. My personal experience has been that the 10 is all my 122 can handle in light to moderate ground. Motor is reasonably healthy but it seems to be tough getting enough power to the ground, maybe I just haven't plowed enough to figure it out though. Must have a bigger cub allowance to do some more experiments. Loaded tires, cast iron weights, suitcase weights (about 4 more in my case)killer upgrade, yada, yada,yada. Oh well, enough dreaming for me.
1a_violin.gif

The new parts look up is a pita.

I'm trying to find out a couple of things about a 169. First, did the K341 have balance gears and second, were the dipsticks all down by the cam gear cover? A gentleman called me today and I'm just relaying to yall what he asked me.

Any and all appreciated.

Back