• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter R.
Aw come on man! You can post a bigger pic than that can't ya!
thumbsup_old.gif

Can anyone tell me the make of the 6inchx12inch rear tyres on Model 102 please?

Thanks Charlie, far as I can see down here Firestone come under Bridgestone so I'll keep trying with them, hope u have a great day & get some snow soon. P.S. I am asking Bridgestone if "Turf & Field G2" 23x8.50-12 is available & would be O.K. on 5 inch rims.

I FINALLY got 756K DSL woooo, I wish that the progress was as fast as on my poor cub, only thing left is the frame, axles, and hydro linkage... I'll start sanding the rest of it tomorrow (white parts sanded already...) I will also get my fenders and nose cone welded up soon too. need to get some bondo to fill in the pits in the aluminum nose cone though... don't know how they got there either... oh well, time to go look up those elusive valve guides...I'll obviously look up the sponsors first though...
oh, and Happy Labor Day...

If we got an "Oh $#%!" file heres one to add. My wife was feeling friendly today and took the 102 to mow our new neighbors yard and bout 15min into it I hear a nasty thud then another then the 102 shut down. I went to see what she did to this one and she said it shut down when it hit something. I raised the deck to turn the blades by hand and they would only turn about 45deg. Any of you that have kids that ride freestyle bikes know how rugged the foot pegs are?
64546.jpg

64547.jpg

The only thing to happen was a 1/4" chip in one blade. Not even a dent in the shell. Gotta love these Cubs!

Bren

Graeme T., those are firestone town and country's I think. 23x8.50x12 won't work on the 5 inch wheels. You can probably get them on but they won't look right. Let me see in I can find some and give you a link.

Randy

Thanks Randy (& Charlie), see how I go, ship to Oz is always a prob., but thanks for the lead.

Lets see who's been paying attention the last year or 3.
Who does this COOL setup belong to? I doubt you will ever see another this well done.
64556.jpg

Ran into a slight glitch on my 1650 resto today. I had the hood and side covers on and was ready to put the decals on. To my suprise there were two decals for the left side of the hood and no right side. What a bummer! I bought the set from a IH dealer several years ago and never laid out all the decals for a close look.

Charlie,
I'm going to guess Myron Bounds. Did you take that picture? If so, someone went for a heck of a drive.

By golly, you guys have been paying attention.
thumbsup_old.gif

Myron was the prime attraction at a TSC Grand Opening in Shreveport Louisiana this weekend.

I recently replaced my broken shifter lever, after I put the shifter housing back onto the the tranny I tried shifting into all the gears, everything works great and it goes into all the gears. One thing I noticed though is when I use the shifter I noticed the little roll pin moves around a bit, should I be concerned with this or is there a way to tighten it. I did not removed this pin when I replaced the broken lever. Thanks.
64562.jpg

CHARLIE - Who's 102 with the Belly Blade is that? Looks like Dan's a LONG time ago.

Here are some pics of the belly blade I picked up over the weekend. The seller gave me everything even though he said he didn't know if it all actually went with the blade. I think it also may have had a piece or two added, like the "tab" the on the right side maybe? Basically, I don't know anything about it, including how it mounts. Any info., links to manuals, or help would be greatly appreciated.
64567.jpg

64568.jpg

64569.jpg

Denny, Charlie, that is Jim Chabot's 102. FWIW it's an ARPS/Johnson Work Horse grader blade mounted on the 102. Dan's grader blade is painted yellow, and he has the grader blade on a 122 not a 102.

Back