• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave H., the only way I know of to fix that loose pin is to tack weld it. That's what most guys do once it loosens up.

Jim T., not sure what brand grader blade that is. Looks like it could use the mower deck subframe "scissors" as part of it's mounting.
64571.gif

Jim T., I think that top part of the frame flips forward to mount. The lower frame looks to be bent out on the left rear, I think that should be straight.

64573.jpg

Man, I'd love to have a belly blade.

They grade sooo much better then a front mount. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes out for one now.

NIC B. - My home-made belly blade is a length of cutting edge OFF a full size grader. About 6-7" tall X 1/2" thick and 40" wide...I made a turntable that bolts on in place of the mower deck...I can pin it to grade straight and 2-3 different angles....and with "Body English" by pushing down on the ends of the blade I can grade angles and ditches. Grass tends to be the BIG problem with it....but sand, crushed rock, loose or packed dirt, inch or two of snow, even frozen ice on My concrete driveway are NO problem.
The only thing I have to watch out for is the corners or ends of the blade get WAY too close to the 23-8.50 Firestones on My 72....so I've been running it on My 70 the last couple years....and It needs more weight & tire.

I wish Mine raised up higher but then the blade would hit the frame and I prefer the taller blade moldboard. Not hard to make. FAB up the pieces and have someone weld it together.

Dave H-
If I remember correctly, that pin is not a spirol pin, but a short steel pin that keeps the shift lever pointed forward. (There's also a spirol pin inside the shifter, but that's not what is shown in your picture.) I believe it was originally pressed in during the manufacturing process, and yes, they do loosen up over time.

Kraig is right that they can be repaired by tac welding it from the outside.

Another (possibly less "correct") way to fix it if you don't have a welder is to take out the pin and replace it with a small bolt. Grind the head down so the end of the bolt matches the size of the original pin and retain it with a nut from the outside. Not pretty, but it works in a pinch if you don't have a welder.

Jim-
Nice blade!
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks guys, I think it's time for me to invest in a welder, now what's the best type of welder to have around, mig, tig or stick and for around a couple of hundred bucks ?

Kraig,

I was thinking those brackets flipped forward too. They just happened to be like that in the pic. In fact, in the bottom pic they are flipped forward. What they mount to..... I have no idea. It does seem though that if they mount up on the front of the tractor and the other brackets mount to the lift on the tractor that you would have two problems: 1) the "tab" that sticks up on the right side of the blade is in the way. (Wonder if that was added by someone. It doesn't look factory made) 2) Mounting like that would allow the blade to "float" as you would have a pivot point in the center, wouldn't it? Maybe I'm not seeing it right, but seems you wouldn't want it to float at all, but be rigid. Maybe I'm wrong.

Jim T., it could be a modified Daly brand blade.

64575.jpg

Back