• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou Ken & Kraig
You showed what I needed
angel.gif

Matt/Charlie/Myron - Thanks!

I'll have to look at the bearing and collar that I have because they don't seem to lock together and I don't remember anything about them that would. The bearing has a sleave/shaft and the colloar goes over it but you can turn the collar in either direction....it's free. Once installed on the crank shaft I'll by able to tighen the collar but it still won't be tight on the sleave/chaft of the bearing.

I need to get a new bearing anyway because mine is frozen, I'll look at our vendors, but maybe the piece that you say should tighten together is broken.... I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for your time....maybe someday I'll have enough knowledge to spread around too.

Thanks Again.

JIM T. - After Son pulled my junky old 30" Parker sweeper into pieces behind His 129 about 6-7 yrs ago I was in the same situation Your in. I built My own home-made vacuum unit to pull behind My 72. Not sure if Kraig has any pic's of it or not. Including rebuilding the K181 engine I run it with a couple years ago I have between $500-$600 invested in it. Only "Purchased" components are the pillow block bearings, the 6" plastic drain tile for the flow tubes, nuts & bolts, and the wheel & tire for the castering wheel on the unit itself. Everything else was raw steel when I bought it or a "Gov't Job" from work. I had to re-engineer the thing several times, almost lost My thumb about 3-4 yrs ago shutting the thing off so now it has a PTO clutch off a Cub Cadet on it. Takes some HP or a Hydro to pull the thing, You can REALLY blow a lot of clippings & leaves in the cart since they settle as You move. Wyatt helped Me mow ahead of the vac several years ago with GATOR blades on His mowing deck....they totally PULVERIZED the dry leaves and turned them to powder so I got over twice as far between having to empty the cart.

Like Charlie says, they work really well. The Trac-Vac I patterned Mine off of listed for over $2200 at the time I built mine. With My vac semi-mounted My cart follows exactly in the rear tractor tire tracks as I trim around all My trees. Allows Me to trim as close with the vac and when I just use the mower alone. I've towed it 2-3 times this summer just for grass clippings when the lawn got a bit tall before I mowed. I personally think a sweeper works a little better than My vac but it's a BUNCH more work.

Noel/Ron - I'm not sure how the polarity might have gotten out of whack - I've always had a positive attitude while using the cub. Maybe I should take a more negative approach.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, if I momentarily touch the A post to the Batt terminal of the VR, will it have any ill effects if it turns out to be the wrong solution?

Paul - It'll tighten up when a shaft is going through it... trust me ! (unless it's completely wore out)

Mike - Just slap it across it quick.

Charlie - Send Ole Joe down here, I'll push a few things out in the weather and give him a good dry home.

KENtuck, Noel, Ron - You've all given me the confidence to give 'er a try.
buttrock.gif

Charlie, good to hear "Ole Joe" is back where he BELONGS!
beerchug.gif

Archive bug!
bash.gif
pcwhack.gif

Latest posts

Back