• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blanasa

displayname
Brian Lanasa
They're practically giving away gas in Baltimore. Paid $3.16 at Safeway for regular.(That's without the .03 discount using my Safeway card)

1a_scratchhead.gif
Brian, $3.16 a gallon is practically giving gas away? I think that when gas is around $1.00 a gallon, I will share your thought
lol.gif
Sixty miles east of Brian, $3.15 at the Exxon next to work.

It would be great to see $1.00 a gallon again. I would be able to drive the F150 all the time and would be able to afford heat.
Nowhere can compete with NJ gas prices! And full-serve to boot. Not worth driving 75 miles to save a couple of dollars but I always fill-up on my way home from AC. <font size="-2">I've heard that oil companies have to give price concessions in NJ because of all of the refineries there.</font>

It was $2.95 in Stillwater, MN this afternoon. I used the 0.05/gallon discount card we got from Luther Toyota when we bought a brand new 2006 Toyota Corolla back in 2006, it's good until the end of August 2009, the discount card that is, the Corolla should be good for many years beyond that.
proud.gif

Brian, I personally have no reason to gripe. I drive .9 miles oneway to work. My 86 Toyota barely gets a chance to blow the moisture out of the exhaust.$1.00 a gallon will probably not happen in the U.S. I got an email awhile back, listing gas prices from around the world. Highest to lowest, ending with Saudi Arabia at $0.06. Yea thats 6 cents a gallon. Also, I have an 84 Ford ongoing project that I would love to get back on the road. With the stock 351W and 4 speed, I got 12 MPG. I am afraid of what the built 358 with a big bone will get.

If gas gets any cheaper I'm going to moth-ball the Impala and put this back on the road full-time.

95109.jpg

Talk about travelin' in style!
cool.gif

<font size="-2">(Just in time for winter too!)</font>

Just waite until the election is over and watch the price of gas go back up faster than it droped.

Cheapest gas here is 3.39 and we are 600 miles from the bigest refinery in this country.
Bought kerosene for the parts washer yesterday at4.75 a gallon. Was going to get Varsol but it was 6.28 a gallon.
We plumbed this house for propane lighting,Cooking and heating water, but decided to get electricity and use propane for backup.
95112.jpg

Filled my truck up yesterday at3.39 a gallon. Today same station is 2.94 a gallon. this has been price goudging at its finest. But i will enjoy it until the election. Going to go out and drive my cubs around the yard.

$3.55 here in Corning NY. I'm actually happy it's going down some but I guess I live in the wrong state!!

Lonnie,

ONe candidate already told us he was sad that the price went up so fast. He wanted it to go up more slowly!!!!

Why would a politician want the price to go up at all?????

Steve T.
I don't know who said the price of gas should have gone up slowly but I can tell you why.

If gas prices would have been rising slowly we would have demanded better gas mileage from our vehicles and many would have switched from large SUV's to more fuel efficient vehicles.

That would have sent a message to American car manufactures to improve mileage and look to alternative means to power them.

I wont mention the harm we are doing to our country with the fossil fuel but I'm sure you are aware of that.

Maybe the jump in prices will finally get us motivated to change our ways before it is too late.

Richard C. With all the sweet talk of lower gasoline prices I haven't heard much about lower prices for winter heating fuels. The only things that I've heard from a couple of sources is... "Prices will still be high because the resources used in home heating are stock-piled." I've also heard from a couple of people in gas stations saying that they can't wait for gas to go lower so that they can once again fire up their big four wheel drive for winter. I then have asked them what if there wasn't much snow and would they still drive that big old "whatever". "You gotta be prepared. Aint no way in H%** that I'm gonna be stranded at work in case it snows.", comes the reply.

Some of these people don't like driving their family car because they feel it isn't good enough or I need a work vehicle. (Status symbol, size matters thing, perhaps???)

You are correct with what you've said about demanding better and more efficient vehicles. As long as the American public believes in the "size matters" concept then we deserve to doom ourselves. I read where the government is looking into raising the percent of ethanol at the pumps to conserve gasoline even though they know it will worsen fuel mileage. Tell me just where the smarts are in that study.

As for a politician saying that they were amazed at just how fast gas prices went up and they wanted the price to raise more slowly. WHAT kind of stupid line of thought is that? Someone should have asked that politician why they would want the price to go up up all when American wages haven't kept up with everything else. Another question for the politician.... "Do you foresee food, clothing, and other products now having their prices lowered since the cost of transportation is going down and the price of grains is following suit?"

Before I go out to enjoy the beauty of this autumn day I'll close with this. My personal thoughts on politicians reminds me of a teenage boy with his date. (Think Meat Loaf's song) Paradise By The Dashboard Lights. The boy will do and say almost anything to get in the young lady's pants.... so will the politician make any statement or promise... However once both have received their reward.... someone wakes up down the road with regrets.

Have a Great Day.
Shift.gif

Back