Archive through July 28, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff B. Right now Fancy is
roflol.gif
after reading that.
242511.gif

Marty and Wayne, thanks for your thoughts with us losing Stinker.

Marty, I don't think I could handle the chaos like you do with clipping nails..lol. I know Hannah wouldn't ' get over it'..she's to sensitive and if you barely touch Annie when you are walking by her,she acts like she's been struck by a semi or something.

Now, on to American Pickers. What does that have to do with cats? Well, I do believe that Fancy has been watching way to much of the show. On the three season porch, everything that I didnt throw away/stuff that will go to good will is behind this big bar that is out there. It is barricaded so the cats couldnt get back there, well, Fancy anyways, as he is to fat. Well, yesterday when Marlin got home from work, no Fancy was around. I went and checked the tub upstairs as he likes to lay in that when its hot, although its not hot in the house..nope, and then went out on the porch and checked under the chair and couch nope. Then I hear this wee meow. I call Fancy and another faint meow. I look behind the bar and there he is..trapped, can't move, sitting on boxes. I call to his daddy, you gots to come get Fancy, he's behind the bar and can't get out ( unless I move a zillion things..NOT)..so daddy gets up on the bar..belly first, feet hanging over one end, his arms reaching out for Fancy..and Fancy thinking..OH GOOD..The CRANE IS HERE..and he had a delighted look on his face.! He was so happy to be rescued!! I told Fancy, before you go doin' anymore picking, maybe you better write Frank and Mike and ask them how they get OUT of those tight spaces when they're picking, or you need to watch more episodes and pay attnetion. Fancy just sat there and looked sheepish and we laughed. Then we had to tell him we weren't laughing AT him.. his antics were just funny. Now, this morning I went out, and moved a few things so he can get out of there if he goes back there again. I just moved some flower pots and moved a few things besides the bar, which I had blockading him from going back there, so daddy doesnt have to do another belly move on the bar rescuing him again...hehehe.

Marlin stopped and bought a beautiful pink babys blanket to wrap Stinker in when we buried her. I brought her onto the porch and let Hannah see her one last time and then Fancy went up to her to say his good-byes and gave her some kisses on the face it was so sweet. After that, Hannah was much calmer and when we woke up from a nap, Marlin discovered that Hannah had taken over Stinkers special spot on the pillows on the bar..it was so special to see Hannah so calm and taking over Stinkers special place. Hannah is more anxious when we to to bed at night. I was suppose to go in for an eye appointment tomorrow but called in and since I've been so teary they said that they couldnt do an exam so had to set it up for Aug. 13th.

take care everyone..

Marlin doing a belly dance on the bar. This is just too much!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cathleen,

We get everything ready in the bedroom and by then he is in there being curious. Then we pick up the cat and wrap him in the towel quickly and place him on the bed. Then the clipping commences which only takes a couple of minutes. The wrapping is done very quickly with a large towel because by then he is already squalling and clawing. You can forget the idea of wrapping him like a pig in a blanket. It's more like a matador with his red cape and a bull!
yikes.gif

Jeff B..it brought a light moment to my heart with your obervation that Marlin and Stinker had the same hair color..I hadn't noticed
242586.gif
till you said that.

Frank..EXACTLY!! I was going to take a pic, but all you would have seen was his behind and his long long legs dangling off the bar.. he's not the most agile, so watchin him take his ' crane' position was rather humorous to say the least.

Marty..one day kitty will wise up when he see's you two preparing everything for the covert operation you have planned for him.
242587.gif
I wonder why kittys dislike having their claws clipped? I suppose its just the fact that we are doing something, anything TO them? I mean, geez, it doesn't HURT.

242588.gif
when I have to give someone medicine or ear drops they
242589.gif
I even hide the syringe/pill or bottle in a pocket so they dont see anything, but that doesnt make any difference..they still know. HOW do they KNOW?

This morning Annie decided to play monkey and climb the curtain in the dining room, then got stuck, and started complaining so I went to rescue her and one would have sworn the curtain was attacking her the way she was screaming in distress. She managed to unstick herself .. atleast the curtains are durable and don't show any damage from her antics but she is a drama queen.

Since Fancy has gotten so FAT I have been
242590.gif
him twice a day, once when its to hot in the afternoon. we start at the house and head north to the second property to the north tree line with 4 large tree's. easterly we go to each of the tree's ( he has to stop at each tree) and when we get to the last tree, we head back up to the house. At first, he would stop about 6' or so from the last tree but now he manages to make it just shy of the garage then sits down when the little rise in the lawn appears. He can't seem to make it up that HUGE hill. He use to ' run like the wind' all the way down to the tree line, but now its a daily crawl.

angel.gif

Cathleen, when you mentioned that Marlin was a crane I thought this:

242592.jpg

When the word dance was added I thought this:

242593.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Selah will follow us if we go for walks. This spring he followed my wife and I down the bluff in search of blooming lady slippers. It had been a few years since we have been down to see the lady slippers blooming and we were saddened to not find any trace of them. Anyway, it's around a 200' elevation change from our yard down to the river. Selah followed along occasionally complaining with his squeaky meows. On the way back up we climbed up the bluff under the Arcola train bridge. I had to lift Selah up in some places as it's near vertical limestone outcrops. Here's a few photos from our adventure.

242594.jpg

The footing in the background behind Selah is just a few feet above the river level.

242595.jpg

This is looking up at the lower bridge supports.

242596.jpg

Almost to the top, looking back down at the bridge.

242597.jpg

Even closer to the top. The bridge is about 1/2 mile across and 185 feet above the river. There is a cut in the bluff where it enters that is about 20' below the bluff top.

One more photo of the bridge, this is looking straight up from underneath it near the river.

242599.jpg

Kraig, what no IH crane photos, I hope thats not a Deere

Latest posts

Back