• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Cathleen-

All of mine run and hide when a car even gets close to the house. I don't mind it all that much either. I don't want them to get comfortable around vehicles. When I was married my wife had a beautiful solid grey long hair that liked to get in the engine compartment of a warm car. My mil went and cranked her car one day and Misty, the cat lost her tail in a fan belt/pulley deal. She scampered out and went into the woods where she stayed for about a day. When she was finally found she was taken to the vets where they removed what was left of her tail. It took a while but she learned to live with her new look. My wife was devastated as much as the cat. This all happened about 35 years ago so I'm sure Misty is long gone. I was asked to leave before her time came and, at that time the cat wasn't big on my mind. She was always Beverlys (wife) cat and didn't care much for me anyway. I do remember feeling bad for Misty because cats rely so much on their tails. I believe it's a big part of their personality.

It's a hoot to watch Millie walk across the yard with her tail pointing straight up. It's so big and fluffy her tail is about as big as her body.

It's right before daybreak now and Graygirl is already outside on the porch with a mouse or something. The "kittens" are at the door giving me hell wanting to go out and play with her quarry. I think Barney got a good size vole yesterday which Millie promptley stole away. She played with the poor little guy for over an hour and I finally had to go out and dispatch matters putting it out of its misery. After that she lost all interest but the little guy was better off. It's routine to go out and pick up dead voles from the yard. I don't know where they all come from and never realized there were so many.

Wayne, ah, I agree with you with kittties that are outside, it is a good thing for them to be shy of cars. years ago, when I was the folks had a tortie named Sarah and one day when I came to run mom on errands, Sarah got up under the wheels , unbeknownst to me, and yeppers, I ran over her. We ran her to the vet and she had a broken pelvis, which resulted with her mending in a box for quite a while, but she did mend, but needless to say, after that she had NO time for me, infact, like Davids Cuddles, she HATED me. At times mom would have to put her in bathroom when I came as she would chase me down, but then when I had to use the bathroom that would result in a whole different set of problems. lol. She wouldnt come out, as she wanted to corner me in there. I felt SOOOO bad. At least Fancy has always stayed away from vechiles.!! and when he was babysitting all the kittens when we were adopting them out, he taught them such and to stay away from the street, lol. Although we did have a little torti named chicklet that adored Fancy and one day she got up under the wheels and marlin Ran her over and that was so so devastating for us and no she didnt survive. It crushed us. She was so so special, She would come in the house with Fancy and she would actually nurse on Fancy, and he would allow her to do so. Honest. Special amazing memories helped ease the heartache we felt, but it took a long time to get over that loss.

Since I've seen pics of Millie with that BIG BUSHY tail in the air, I so know what you mean about how cute she is. She is proud of that tail of hers and I agree, Tails are so important to kitties and they use them as well to express emotions, so the kitty that lost hers, that had to be very traumatic for awhile, I would imagine.

Gosh on Millie playing with the vole for so long, and kinda glad you put it out of its misery. Being played with like that isn't that much fun for the prey. When Fancy would get a little field mouse, usually for me, we would have to take it away from him, explainging that I dont need little critters in the house, and for him to leave them alone, which he normally does. He's pretty well behaved, leaving the wild life/prey alone.

thanks for sharing Wayne..hows about sharing some pics with the gang? hint hint..lol

Cathleen
angel.gif

Talking bout cats in engine compartments reminds me of a fellow trucker that heard cat noises from under the hood of his pickup one day when he happened to be home. Sure enough, it was a lttle stray kitten! Bill promptly named i "Delco" after the battery it was sitting on and the little guy is still riding "shotgun" w/him in his Kenworth last I heard.

Dave S.

David, thats really neat that your friend found a kitten under the hood and named it Delco and that its riding shot gun with him in his rig.((smiles)). Fate played a kind hand for that little one. I wonder how many truckers have little furkids riding with them? I wonder how many are kitties?

For sure Fancy would if his daddy was a a trucker. lol. Fancy so loves his ' buddy seat' now, since we put the arm rest down for him to sit on between us. we say is sit on your buddy seat and he gets on his seat and loves watches out the windows from his perch for bunnies and squirrels. Sure beats having to hold him and for Marlin having to deal with the head butts while trying to drive, although he LOVES the head butts (lovings) he gets. marlin laughs and the more he laughs the harder the head butts, I mean lovings he get. lol. I haven't gone for rides the past few days as I've been dealing with a migraine but Fancy seems to have been dealing ok without me.

every night when marlin is on the comp he was telling Hanah to snuggle with me at night. Hannah will always snuggle close with me on the couch but never in bed, but low and behold on Christmas Eve, for the first time ever she came and snuggled with me in bed. It was so cool, and every night since when we go to bed she comes and snuggles. When I wake up though she is never snuggling, but when I come back to bed after going to the restroom, she snuggles with me again, singing me lullabyes till I fall asleep. Stinker (RIP) was always the snuggler, and its taken 5 months to get Hannah to finially decide to take Stinkers place. It feels so amazing to have a snuggle girl again. The past few nights I've been talking to Hannah about perhaps her and Tootsie could be pals. I so want to reintroduce her and tootsie so neither of them, one at a time has to be banished to their bedrooms.However, Tootsie really loves her bedroom and in the mornings if marlin isn't taking up her breakfast when she thinks he should be coming up, she will come back downstairs and be impatient, like come on dadday, lets go, and she will go back to the stairs and go midway up and look at him and meow, like LETS GO!!!! but it would be nice if she didnt have to be in there and could come and go as she wanted. So, hopefully talking to Hannah will convince her to meet up with tootsie soon and they will get along. They use to get along, but it seemed like Hannah got to the point where she was trying to protect Stinker, so perhaps with it just being Hannah now, we can once again have a peaceful home. I did get some essential oils to give the kitties. I got it through Jackson Galaxy's website. The Cat Daddy, who has the show on Animal Planet " My Cat from Hell". the spirit essences are made with essential oils and other things and you are suppose to give them 3-4 drops 4 times a day. I got the " peacemaker" type, and its suppose to calm the kitty so they get along and its suppose to help when reintroducing kitties. I thought it was something you spray in the air, so I haven't given it to anyone yet, since you give it to them orally. I need to read up on it more, which I haven't done yet. Will let everyone know how it goes.

cathleen
angel.gif

I need some of those essential oils for Graygirl. Lately she has nosed up to one of the new guys like shes's being nice then smack the hell out of him/her. If it's Millie getting smacked she just lies down on the spot and I think that ticks Graygirl off even more. Barney is starting to look at is as a form of playing and will run about three feet away then stop and cower down. She still hisses at them both too but when I catch her I'll hiss at her and she hates that. I'm probably not helping matters.

Wayne, well actually those essential oils, the peacemaker spiritual essencses might help? I'll email you the link, ok? you never know..they have several different potions. I believe they should be safe since they are from jacksons site, he wouldnt offer anything that would be harmful to kitties.
I really really had to giggle though at Graygirl playing nice with the kids though and then hauling off and smacking the hell out of them. she does know how to play nice/mean girl huh? that is really funny. although I'm sure the little kids dont think much of it. Poor Barney. One day he may just smack the hell back out of of her? hehehe. She does rule the roost, huh? poor little ones. She will always be the alpha girl. I had to giggle at you hissing back at graygirl. if I did that at annie she would go balistic on me, that I do know. I think I have said this before but I use to point at her if she was bad, and that would totally set her off,and then she would attack my ankles so I had to stop pointing at her but I will give her that I am looking at you sign, you know the two finger I'm looking at you thing? haha. sometimes I will say gurrr. she doesnt like that either. hissing...that is cracking me up. what does Graygirl do when you do that? hiss back? hehehe.

cathleen

Cathleen-

When I hiss back at Graygirl she usually runs off with an attitude like the whole world is against her. I just let her back out to do her thing since she doesn't use the indoor facilities any longer. The guys don't like it when I only let her out around 5:00. That's when they come in for the day. Graygirl might stay out late or be back in ten minutes. I leave it up to her. I actually forgot about her one night last week and she "camped out". It wasn't a real cold night though. When I went to get a stick of wood the next morning for the heater she flew in the house and scared the heck out of me. She spent the better part of that day inside in her spot sleeping away from the guys.

I recently started the new guys on adult food and they seem happy. Is one year of age about the right time to put them on it? I have been feeding Graygirl Iams catfood and the guys have been sneaking to her bowl, especially at night. I've been feeding the guys Purina kitten chow and have caught Graygirl in their bowl. I figure what the heck and plan on buying just the Iams from now on. They also have plenty of protein outside as they catch it. Just yesterday I found half of a squirrel on the front porch. A few minutes ago I went to get Barney and took a baby mouse from him he was playing with. That stuff is becoming daily routine around here. I don't think anyone's going to be too hungry. The good news is they spend a lot of time under cub covers so maybe they will keep some nests out of some engines.

Wayne, yes the kids are old enough for them to be on big kid food now, so its best for all of them to be eating the same food. I'm sure they won't have any trouble with weight since they all go outside and are active. Dry food is what packs the pounds on kitties. Well that and leaving a bowl of it down for them all the time, which I do, or did. I still do for the girls, but Fancy, he was a constant grazer and that is why he put on so much weight. Actually though, he has lost a little weight. He doesn't feel like half a ton now when I pick him up. lol. that's a good thing. I usually give him just a wee bit of dry during the night to tide him over till the 2am wet food feeding, but its about 1/16 of a cup, just enough for him to crunch on abit. The girls seem to monitor themselves and they haven't put on extra pounds.

Funny on you hissing at Graygirl and her feeling so unloved. Poor Graygirl, she doesn't like a dose of her own medicine? maybe she needs the " bully" remedy? lol. They have severeal different remedies of the essences.

I was reading up on the spirit essences and you can spray it as a mist, or it said, to put a few drops in your hands and then rub it into your hands and then rub it on the kitties head, ears, body and paws, or directly put the drops on the kitties coat/paws instead of giving them the drops orally, so that is what I will do tomorrow. 3-4 drops is about equal to the tip of the dropper, not much at all, just a weee bit, so the 2 ounce bottle should last awhile. Think I will try rubbing it on them and spraying a little, but spraying will use it up faster. lol

cathleen

Thanks Cathleen- That's what I thought. I stay so pi$$ed at my vet (not my veterinarian of 20+ years, the vet service as a whole...she just works there) that I don't even call for advice any longer. I think if you asked for a glass of water there they would put it on your bill.

The new guys have been enjoying the Iams for quite a while now. I was even feeding them wet food from the start too. I'd give them 1/2 can in the morning and the remainder in the pm. It wasn't much and Barney sure liked it but I had planned from the start to stop that after they were comfortable with the dry. I also never feed them outside unless I'm gone for the day. They come to the door at intervals like children and I just let them in. They grab a bite or two and it's back to the door. They have me trained well.

Ole Graygirl isn't abused at all. She knows she rules the roost and I give her as much if not more attention as the new guys get. She has always had a routine of coming up to my chair, putting her forepaws on the front of the seat and getting me to scratch her ears/head. Barney isn't one to really appreciate scratches behind the ears, etc. and Millie is a little delicate as well. They have their moments. Barney is filling in for Punch better than I expected. He now has me a warm spot in the bed as Punch did most every nite. He also stays at the foot all nite sometimes to the point where I can't turn over because he's getting so heavy. He still attacks my feet when they move under the covers waking me up at times.

And BJ says "Happy New Year to all you great cub/cat fans out there!!"

But now it's back to sleep after all that hard work helping with the year end bookwork!!

251497.jpg

David S., that is an awesome picture right there!

What a character that one!!

HMmmm.... the tool catalog open as is the checkbook!! rofl..

Yeah, I'm workin' up an order for wiring supplies. Found the correct terminals and couplers for the 2 wire engine wire harness and the single wire for the PTO wire.

A lot of the wiring on some of my machines would fall into the "Cobble Craft Creation" catgory!!

Dave S.

David, BJ is such a ham. He seems to always be ready for a photo opt. lol. Looks like hes totally exhausted after helping you with the books, and nothing is more demanding then having to use ones brains on figures, ey BJ? hahaha.

This morning Tootsie wanted to play hide and seek and we thought for sure she was behind the two piece sectional, so that means having to move both pieces , which are both monsters to move. Well, Marlin moved them out and I went in behind to check and NO Tootsie. Of course she couldnt come out of hiding, so then I got this brainchild of an idea to switch the two pieces so she can't get back behind the one and hide ( quite awhile back she had torn into the back of one to hide and I had to cut the back out to get to her), leaving gapping holes. In switching them , she wouldnt be able to hide, saving marlins back and time, specially in the early morning hours when he's got to head out to work.

So we got that all situated and discovered she was in her stereo room ( under the loveseat). She had clawed a big hole in the end of that one too...sigh, although you can't see it as it is against the wall, haha.Marlin tipped the loveseat up and there she was So, I grabbed her up and she is always like a wet noodle. She acts like when a kitten gets picked up by their momma, they go limp? that is what she does. None of my other kids do that. Anyways, I gave her snuggles and lovings and she was looking around like what in the heck did you guys all do while I was listening to my CD's? lol. Marlin took her upstairs for the day and I had to mend a hole in the switched piece, although Tootsie wouldnt be able to barricade herself like she did when they were the other way around. I was on the floor, with material I got at a garage sale a few years ago and cut a strip to sew onto the sectional, and Fancy and Annie both thought they would be helpful and assist me and honestly they weren't the least bit helpful but total PAINS. Fancy was goofing off and managed to get some pieces on his head, so I took a pic. He looks abit embarressed by it all. (not sure why his one eye looks so strange?)
251518.jpg

oh Wayne, I wasn't meaning at all that you abuse Graygirl, when I said oh poor Graygirl, I was just joking, meaning oh she must have thought oh woe is me, poor me when you miss at her. lol. I know you adore and love all your kids, so when I make comments like that to you or anyone else, its always in fun. Thought I better write this disclaimer in case you thought otherwise or anyone else ever thinks that.

Cathleen
angel.gif

I am so disappointed in my kids. Yesterday the 3 beds that I ordered from Amazon came and I was so excited. I thought the kids would check them out right away and maybe even argue over who got what. NOT.!! no one even checked them out, let alone use them. Good thing I didnt put out serious money for them. I got them free on Amazon. How? (I play video games at a site and once you have enough tokens/points you can bid for gift certificates at Amazon. Takes me about 15-20 min a day to play to get the max points of 3,000 points a day. )

I took one of the beds and put it on the church pew where Tootsie always nests. again NOTHING, I guess the problem is that it isn't PINK. She loves her pink towel, and a substitude, no matter how plush, just doesn't compare. lol

I have gotten them a lot of things that way. I got them the really nice ethical carrier, which is soft sided with mesh look-outs and a soft pad inside. It retailed for 60.00. My price? Free. Nothing is better then FREE. I've gotten them different toys that way, food, etc.

I have started using the spirit essences. I put 4 drops in my hand ( which is about nothing)and then quickly rub it on their heads and front legs, and I have lightly spritzed the living room furniture. It seems like it has actually calmed down Annie abit, and that surprizes me, as in the directions it said it could take upwards of 2 weeks for the full effects to kick in. Annie was looking to pick on Tootsie this morning and I dosed her,Tootsie and Fancy and when Tootsie was down on the floor walking around, Annie just sat there and watched her but didnt seem to have the urge to attack . NICE!!! Well, she isn't vicious or anything, just a pain at times and I dont like pains!

Now about dogs. The other day when we took Fanc out for a drive, we stopped down at Caseys to get gas. When I came out of the store after paying for the gas, a car pulls up to the pump and there is this HUGE white dog sitting in the back seat. I thought, oh my goodness, this is a Great Pyreness (SP). I couldnt resist and went over to talk to the lady, and she opened the back door and introduced me to Rosie and her pal, in the front seat, Chloe. Chloe was a small black dog. I asked if I could pet them and she said sure, so I really enjoyed the whole experience. The GP are beautiful dogs. Wow. When I got back in the pickup, Fancy started sniffing me and gave me a look like, did you actually let a dog KISS YOU? how DARE YOU, you TRAITOR.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Cathleen, We thought we would get Tony a nice comfortable bed for Christmas, but he would rather sleep across the top of the couches. Even bought one and brought it home and he sniffed it and walked away. Since he never laid in it we just took it back.

Mel, lol with Tony. Yep, the kids want to keep laying across the back of the couches, the chairs, hard boxes etc, but NOT the new beds. I'll leave them out and if they continue to NOT use them, maybe I'll take them into the shelter? they could use them as I had some food that I bought that in pouches back when I was trying different foods for Stinker, which she nor noone else would eat, so I have a box of that to donate as well. lol. I'm sure not going to toss it out as it wasn't the cheapest stuff in the world.

Kitties! they have a mind of their own and I dont like it when it isn' within the same space as MINE.. j/k . they should like the beds because I THINK They should...try telling that to them. Actually Annie did put both feet in one of them this morning. I even set it up on the couch for them. When she saw me peeking at her, she walked away from it. hahaha
cathleen

HOOORAYYYY. I just walked into the living room (10:15am) and found Hannah laying in the bed on the couch. I'm so happy. I'll take a pic and post it later..lol

cathleen

Silly Bipeds!

we like box! just like kids..
251662.jpg

I got a new floor jack for a gift, and I put the box on the floor, removed the top, lifted the jack out and set it aside, and the Fuzzy had already moved in.
We too have several kitty beds that they won't use. Years ago when Nermal and Nemo were alive, we had window beds that they used a lot...

I've never provided an actual cat bed for any of my cats. They seem to be just fine with a box, a couch, a chair, the floor especially if there's sun shining on it, bed spreads, pillows or freshly cleaned laundry left folded in a basket that my teenage daughter has not yet put away.

Latest posts

Back