• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JONATHAN - No problem, I've been called much worse. You can edit posts up to an hour after you make them. Over on the far right side of the heading of your post there's a little note pad & pencil for editting, a note pad with a red "X" for deleting, and two other icons I have NO idea what they do.

GERRY - I started a tool discussion several years ago by asking about good screw drivers. I should throw every screwdriver I own away except one and buy new ones. I bought the complete standard Craftsman set with the clear, red, & blue handles about 4-5 yrs ago and they are as bad as anything Harbor Freight handles. I've bent and twisted the tips, broke tips off, ALL while using them properly, loosening/tightening screws. The best screwdriver I have is still the Stanley I bought back in '73 with the 3/8" square shank to scrape, pry, and chisel things. Hot Rod mag had a great series of articles back about 1970 about accumulating your first set of tools.

It would be nice if there were still 4-5 good quality tool co's like there was 40-50 yrs ago. Companies like Proto, SK, etc. I buy ALLEN occasionally when I need a specific socket for something. They appear to be as good as a Craftsman and a bit cheaper at my local Farm & Fleet.

I ordered some furnace oil for my home and was told Tuesday. Today I`am moving tractors and storing a few and up my drive comes the oil truck. They pumped a few litterers and with my shop door open ,
bash.gif
It is lunch time he said ?would you mind if we looked at your tractors.Heck I loved it LOL ,They were here 2.5 hrs lol. Seems the 129 loader and my 62 O were holding them back .I now have cards form them . They want to came back and see all Than I have .

Brian, et al - hmmmmm, been a long while since I worked on a 1200 or 1250, but now I'm thinking the engines in the 1450 and 1650 have a larger flywheel shroud that gets in the way of the nuts on the ISO-mount bolts. Maybe having the 12hp engine gives you "just" enough room. Hey get us a pic of the IH Hubcaps you borrowed (stole).

-- "you'd never get close to my toolbox . . .."

I used to work with a guy who POLISHED and WAXED his toolbox. He would examine it for FINGER PRINTS! I once cut a board near his tool box, and he made made me take a rag and dust the saw dust off. I thought he was a little extreme. However, he did manage to cut down on any tool theft, and perhaps that was his real aim.

One guy actually rolled another guy's toolbox into the dumpster at that place.
The fellow filed for reimbursement for his "lost" tools, but I don't know if he ever got anything. --He really must have pissed the first guy off, probably a girl friend issue.
smile.gif

As J.J.Smith said the easy way to get the engine mount bolts is to jack up the front of the tractor and pivot the axle down out of the way (much easier than trying to remove the ISO mount bolts),BUT don't forget to put jack stands or other solid blocking under the frame. If the jack gives way without them, you cannot get your fingers off the front bolts and out from between the cross member and front axle fast enough to keep from loosing them, if the tractor falls.

Dennis - When I worked in a hardware right after HS, I got a set of screwdrivers - I cannot remember the brand right now, they were yellow plastic with a black rubber cushion.. I don't have all of them anymore - I think some got borrowed. The Phillips all had hardened black tips on them.. I bought some of those red/blue/clear Craftsman sets 15-20 years ago when they had a big sale on the sets......made outa cheese, I think.

Jonathon - I just reread my post to you - came off a little harsh - sorry - tools are as very dear subject to me. I'm not a pro, but with so many different interests - mechanical, electrical, electronics, welding, computers, carpentry etc., I've built up quite an investment. As a fellow Cubber, I would let you close to my toolbox, but I'd probably hover around while you used the tools ..
correct%20police.gif

Don T., or, perhaps they want to see what you have so they can stop by when you're not home...
icon_eek.gif

Brian B - yes I'm hoping someone picks up on my question about the IH hour meter to let us know. Did IH just develope this meter for use on Cub Cadets?

Harry B.
I did a search through CNH and came up with nothing.
Even in the old Case and Case/IH manuals show nothing for that part number.
I'm guessing that they were Cub exclusive.

Latest posts

Back