• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Upgraded Mag 20 remote oil lines

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbextermueller

displayname
Nic Bextermueller
Well, way back in 2017 I posted this:

By Nic Bextermueller (Nbextermueller) on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Has anybody replaced the remote oil lines on a Mag18/20? Did you use OEM lines or use your stuff?

Both my Mag 20's have leaky lines. I want to replace them, but not sure where to start.

My inclination is to switch the adapter fittings to NPT-to-AN fittings and run -6 AN brained steel lines instead of the brittle hard steel and nylon wrapped lines.

Opinions?

They finally failed... I was leaking nearly all the oil out of the engine by the end of a 2 hour mow. Time to repair/upgrade. I started by using just barbed hose fittings, 3/8" rubber fuel hose and clamps. That solution had been posted here several times. It failed on the first mow. I should have taken my own advice from 2 years ago.

So I switched to racecar parts. Full wrapped -6 AN braided steel hose and -6 AN fittings. The only trick was that the OEM steel lines are 5/16". which is technically -5 AN. No one makes -5 AN fittings. So I ended up using a -6 AN(3/8") to -4 AN(1/4") male to male adapter. Then massaging the -4 AN tube nut to fit over the 5/16" line without the usually required tube sleeve. Then flaring the OEM line to 37 degrees. (-AN require 37, most other flares are 45)

I have a great picture of the upgrade, but since we are back in the stupid size restriction time of 250KB and 950x600 pixels, it's kinda useless. I thought Charlie removed those limits some time ago. Not sure why they are turned back on...

Here's what a quality photo looks like when reduced to under 250KB... Can't hardly see a thing.

BTW, one of those OEM lines is listed at $165. The other is NLA.
So, I bought enough -AN parts to fix both of my Mag 20's just like this, plus the 37 degree flaring tool for $150 total from Summit Racing.

I'll add the other zip tie if the first one doesn't melt...

325774.png

Since I'm posting pictures anyways... Here is the 2072's current driver. My 5yr old. He pilots this thing as well as any 55yr old. Mows nice straight lines and even backs it back into the shop. I practically don't even need to watch him. But that might qualify as bad parenting
shame.gif

325777.jpg

Nic, nice job!
thumbsup.gif

If you email me the high resolution photo I'll post it. BTW, the old size restriction was 100KB. You should be able to get that photo a lot bigger but still be under the 250KB limit.

Back