• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey i think i finally got all the bugs out of my cub site so now you can view all the pages!
check it out.

Matt, That is not red paint it is the casting sealer IH put on their cast parts before painting. They also painted the frame and tranny together so they didn't get paint up there.

Brian:
Do a search on "chains" AND (not OR) "turf". Most recent thread was here

Grease you blowers boys!!
97470.jpg

97471.jpg

I bought a 15/16" bearing and it fits perfectly. Now all I have to do is fix the jackshaft with new bearings and brass washers as shims.

Terry:
When I got my 42A, the auger shaft bearings were so bad ("How bad were they???") that they had chewed up the shaft.. I had to weld the shaft up and grind it to size before I could put it together..
lazerburn.gif

Regarding the "homemade" muffler setup Dbailey has a picture of. I have an old workhorse with 1" black pipe coming out of the block just like he does. Do I run the risk of damaging my engine from heat build up. Black pipe elbow is much thicker than orig elbow and seems it would retain more heat and restrict air flow.

Matt S.
Since the 100 on your web site still has stock frame rails and not flared out like a 147, and the engine has a 3-1/2" bore, and the flywheel cover tag say's it is a K-301, I believe you have a 14 HP K-321, with the smaller flywheel, rear bearing plate, and blower housing off of a 12 HP K-301, to allow the 14 hp engine to be used in the narrow frame of the 100, which is the only way you can put a 14 in a narrow frame without modifing the frame or using one from a 147..... or as Dennis said it could be a bored 12 hp, and if it is and is bored .010 over 3-1/2", its probably got some thin cylinder walls.

ok, we'e got Kraig and Ken and Charlie and Steve talking about chains.... Looks like I've got to decide...... going with turf. Thanks.

Matt S.-

Pretty nice looking 100 and website, but I have one suggestion. The pages would load many, many times faster if you actually resized the pictures to the 450x600 size you are displaying them at instead of 2304x1663. It takes the amazingly fast internet on campus here about 2-3 minutes to fully load each page. It's not a good practice to resize the pictures with the image attributes in the html code. It causes the browser to download the entire, full size image and display it at the resolution you specify. It will be easier for us to view your website if you resize them before uploading.
happy.gif

Matt G. that is what im gonna start doing from now on, i never thought from the beginning that i would put mostly pictures on the site, over break i think im gonna re-size them all
Thanks
Matt Stetar

Latest posts

Back