• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddulac

displayname
Duh-on
Shoot Dan,

I don't think I've ever seen you post. Most of the photos of your work I have seen have been posted by others. I'd love to see your shop and your creations, but I can't even get enough time to go to weddings (of people I love/am related to) lately.

However, if you ever come through Albuquerque, I will be happy to show you my cobbled-up 100 and a tumbleweed that represents where my workshop should be.

Now, I have to get back to cleaning the house for the MIL's and GMIL's Thanksgiving visit....

Iss there a better expanded view of the clutch on an original. The parts book is a poor picture at best for how many throwout shims and such. Got some new parts and would like to put it together RIGHT rather than how it was.Tired of a poor at best clutch.

Jerry B.
I don't spose you checked the Parts Lookup Button above did ya? I dint think you did, you dog!
clappy.gif

97397.jpg

Mathew S., Try using spray oven cleaner on parts you have removed for paint removal. It works pretty good on old paint build-up. Be careful around rubber or plastic and wiring as it can destroy non metal parts, also make sure you have good ventilation.
Tim K

Charlie, Yup I did. New #19-13-4-and had the steel disc's reserfaced to square them. There have been 6 of number 16 thrust washers in place. could this be an allowance for wear on several faces? The new main spring is almost 3/4 longer than the old one while on the bench. So a new one was needed. When i tore this tractor doun for a rework/repair I undergreesed the throwout bearing. Did you know you can let the smoke out of one of them?????? Then I over greesed it trying to heal that and got greese into the clutch fibre area. I know way too much! Me bad. Now I just need it right.

You guys kill me...

Say what you want, at least I don't get stuck!
err.gif

Dan-
Good to see you post!

Kraig-
ROADTRIP!!!
beer2.gif

<font size="-2">OK, that's the wrong clipart for a "road-trip", but you get the idea...</font>

Ok fine, since no one showed up to drive the Binder north for me, I guess I will.
Only takin 3 Cubs this trip. To much other JUNK the wife thinks we need before Cubs!

Dan, good to see you post!
wave.gif

Art, might be two road trips to plan. First one is that we should drive down and help Charlie load up that semi. Ya never know what he might leave behind. Could end up being a free parts day...
proud.gif
Then we should visit Dan again and along the way drop off some old engines I have for David.
Shift.gif
Hmmmm, think we should we tell Robb and Mike?
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
Umm,
shhh.gif

Many thanks to Kendell Ide for his help diagnosing my starter/ generator. I took apart the S/G and found the commutator tarnished. Apparently the brushes were not making good contact and it would not motor. I cleaned the entire innards out, including the commutator, brushes, magnets, etc... Vacuumed and wiped it out, and put it all back together. It performs much, much better than before. It spins about twice as fast and generates faster too. I would recommend this to anyone who recently purchased a tractor from a questionable source- someone who did not take care of it or left it out in the rain. An easy hour spent to guarantee optimum starter/ genertator performance.

For those that have not seen them, here are some of Dan's creations.

97429.jpg

High Clearance 100 with adjustable width front axle and adjustable rear rims/axles.

97430.jpg

Crawler 100.

97431.jpg

Four Wheel Drive 100.

97432.jpg

122 with custom built center grader blade.

Charlie, RE: trip north. Remember your getting close to the Arctic Circle, land of the Midnight Sun, so you will be able to work in daylite all nite !
roflol.gif
Shift.gif

I'm with Brian on saying thanks with the S/G trouble! I have new brushes and bearings along with the springs for mine, so hopefully that will do it! Taking apart V/R to see about corrosion and will re-adjust it to factory specs and should be good to go when I get the new starter solenoid! Thanks again for everyones help!
taunt.gif
proud.gif

Brian and Scott:
Good work, guys, we knew you were up to finding the problems
greenthumb.gif

whats the little button on the points cover of dan's 100 do

I believe it grounds the spark out and kills the motor. I've never tried it on my Original though.

Back