• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 23, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long do the wheel weights bolts have to be I’m wanting to put dual weights on it?

Timothy D.-

That depends on what size wheels and what type of weights you are putting on. I usually just get bolts longer than I think I need and cut them to the correct length once the weights are installed.

Why did it take so long?

I have a 127 that is rarely used and always hard starting. Over the last year, I kept checking the timing, cleaning the carburetor and fiddling with the ignition but it was always hard to start.

I had a spare starter/generator that I had rebuilt a few years ago. I installed that one and WoW now it starts quickly!

I measured the RPMs of both starters and the one I have been using was much slower than the rebuilt one. I don't recall what the RPMs were but there is a 1K difference.

Again, why did I wait so long to check the starter? Now I will use the tractor more since starting is not a problem.

325667.jpg

Paul,

All S/G's are not created equal. I think there are three or four types of S/G's used on cub cadets.
You may have one for an earlier or later series cub. Don't ask me what the difference is, but I am sure many of the other guys could tell you.
Worn brushes could also cause this problem.

Watched shows/documentaries on PBS all evening yesterday about the wars.
It would change this country's attitude if they would see what those guys went through.

Now that is some interesting, worthwhile TV.
Shed some tears through most of it.

My utmost respect and gratitude for every person who wore/wears a uniform and fights for the American flag and what it stands for!

Charlie, thanks for the advice on the creeper yoke, it worked like a charm. However, I could use a better set of punch pins, any suggestions? Oh, does CCS have complete sets of o-rings or a complete rebuild kit for these?
325676.jpg

Finally, perhaps you could help identify this spring, the plastic broke into pieces and I’m not sure what this is. Thanks again!
325677.jpg

George L.
I use Starett pin punches.
325679.jpg

As far as what the seal spring is, I have no clue.
How big is it?
Someone as some point may have replaced the tail shaft with a spring style.

There's no (kit), just parts and pieces.

George L.
For you and others for down the road. No need to remove the input shaft bearing cage unless the O-ring is or looks like it is leaking.
They are the biggest PITA to get back in without cutting the new O-ring, unless you chamfer the main housing edge, Just sayin. LOL

Back