• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 16, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
258614.jpg

Happy Victoria Day to our Canadian friends!
happy.gif

Jeff B., CUBgratulations on your son's graduation! My daughter graduates from HS in a week or so then shes off to college this fall.

Brian B., bummer! That sure stinks to break a rod. Hopefully the block is OK.

Wayne S - I appreciate the info on NF/WF grounds!

The hands on IHCC time has been very limited. I've been tied-up with other fish to fry, limited to an iphone for a bit of internet activity and am traveling on business most of this week.

Over the weekend, took some Boy Scouts to a MOOSE Camporee.

258629.jpg

Charlie - check your mail for this patch:

258630.jpg

Bad news - again, traveling for business this week and can't work the 126 wiring. Good news - the rental car place ran out of cars and forced me to take this in place of it...

258631.jpg

Quick question - should I check Craigslist for some IHCC stuff while I'm out and about with the truck...
1a_scratchhead.gif

I should think I could get more tractor/tractor stuff in it than the last trip and the Beetle...

258632.jpg

258633.jpg

thumbsup_old.gif

Bill, I'll bet they didn't have to force very darn much!!. You are gonna love that truck!!

Question: The neighbor has a sod field he wants plowed. I told him i'd try it but it would be better if he would mow it 1st. Any tips out there for trying to plow sod?? Thought I'd use my 1650 as it already has the weights on it from snow work this last winter. It has the tiller on right now but I think I'm about done with it for this spring. Only other option I have right now is my 1200, it has weights on it but is having some clutch problems. can't hardly get it in gear w/o grinding some. Tried adjusting it to no avail.

Dave S.

The most difficult filter I've ever removed:
258636.jpg

A BFH and a wrecking bar finally got it off but not before I managed to take a slice out of a finger. Glad the hydro fluid doesn't have to be changed too often - oil, filter, and rear gasket comes to over $50.
happy.gif

Jeff: Congrats to your son! I just finished reading MATTERHORN by Karl Marlantes. It's about a Marine unit in Viet Nam. Made me awfully glad I went Navy back then!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

I was mowing this weekend with my 782. After mowing for about an hour the motor started to chug and die down like it was running out of gas. As soon as i turned of the deck it came back to full power. So i am assuming that something is heating up in the electrical sytems to cause this. Any ideas what i should look for? Thanks for any help.

If it comes back that fast I'd think fuel first....hot electrical components would stay hot and keep causing the problem for longer (unless it's the PTO clutch casuing the issue, pulling current from the ignition system).

How about idler pulley bearings starting to seize or some other mule drive issues?

So I was able to talk a friend of mine out of buying one of those green an yellow tractors today. I took him to a guy I know who has a few IH Cubs that were 1x4 an 1x5 an he ended up with a 1x5. He was thankful after I shared the differences between the two of them. So I did mention these boards so he can ask questions from the pro's on here ;)

Steve Bauer,

Does is pull back down once you re-engage your PTO clutch? If so, could be you need to adjust the air gap on your electric PTO. Check your operators manual for instructions on performing this adjustment with a feeler gage. Also check your mower deck and mule drive pullies to see if any of the bearings are going bad.

Latest posts

Back