• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vincent count your blessing, my 782 has a huge peice of the block missing, but other wise looks good.

spring tillage, "Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous"

151147.jpg

Kraig or anybody, If IH made the front clutch available on the Originals does that mean mabey the last originals could be bought new with the 3 spindle deck. I'm sorry I'll quit now.

Dave, yes you could get a 38" 3 spindle deck for the Original. I'm backing up my Cub Cadet archive hard drive right now, I've actually removed it from my PC for the backup, so I don't have access to all my info right now. I feel so helpless...
blush.gif
When I put the new HD in with all the info I'll post some stuff for you.

Brad, wow, looks like Tom did a great job on that Original!
thumbsup.gif

Vincent,
The nice baby moon wheel covers probably is worth whatever you gave for it!!!
Gotta love the gage wheels, too!!

Vthomley, I'd first use a voltmeter to check and see if you have 12 volts at the plus side of the coil (with the key on). If you do, then check the negative side and see if the voltage goes to zero when the points close. If it doesn't your not getting contact through the points. Help this helps.

I have an engine oil question. I know the book says 30w low ash engine oil for warm weather use. I have some Rotella 15w-40 diesel oil. I have read on here that some guys use that also. With the charistics of a diesel would this oil be a good choice in the cast iron Kohlers? I know the diesel oils handle the blowby and heat in a diesel and I would think that an air-cooled cast iron Kohler would treat the oil in a similar manner? Just wondering since I always have some left over when I change the oil in my truck and thought this might be a good use for it.

Sorry Charley I ment to post the last picture in Plow Day Area. Iam still learning. You know life long learner.

Back