• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Morning all , Karen S nice looking O you have there i do like the O Cub for sure.I see the blade is bent and thinking this was done for ? did the po tell you why he did that mod. Have a great day all. I`am off to take my dodge ram D to the paint shop to have the gray repainted because of so many stone chips. Later Don T
old.gif

Karen, does it run on that propane cylinder? Or, was it just in the background? Seat looks comfy....LOL...

I've been looking through our sponsor link and am unable to find a 38" mower deck shroud assembly Part #IH-473436-R92. Is there someone who makes them up? They are still available from Cub Cadet, but are waaaay too expensive . Thank you

I am the new proud owner of a '79 1650 which I picked up with a mower, snowblower, and tiller
happy.gif
. The 1650 currently has a leak in the hydrulic cylinder that lifts the attachments is this hard to fix??

I have been unable to find one part for my 122. It is the link between the governor and the Carb.
Does anyone know where I can get this? I have tried all the sponsors, but none of them show this part.
151069.jpg

Thanks,
Randy

Greg & Randy,
Sponsors do not show everything they have on hand on their websites.
I know that Kirk Engines,Houtz,Cub Cadet Classics & the CC Supply room will have them if you just give them a call.

Greg P.
The PN/ IH-473436-R92 that you gave is not the right one, That PN is for a deck spindle. You might want to check the Parts Lookup again.

Oh yea, Want Ads go in the Wanted section.
biggrin.gif

Jim T., click HERE for info on the correct PTO handle setup for an Original, it's covered over multiple posts within that thread. BTW, the Original did not come with a PTO, the mower decks and snow throwers had engagement mechanisms built in. Any chance you could post or email me some detail photos of the PTO setup on your Original? TIA.
happy.gif

Was surprised to log in this morning and see a photo of my Kohler K301, "Killer".
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Matt S.-

Unfortunately, the lift cylinder on the QLs is a nonrebuildable type. You have to either replace it or live with it.

Donald, No clue why po did that...but it was used for pushing snow.....
Mike, LOL

Karen, the S/N plate you posted is the S/N for the engine, not the tractor. Check this location (see photo) for the tractor S/N.

151071.jpg

Kraig M.
Thanks for the info.
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow. I did post
one day before yesterday,but I messed it up I
think.(Sorry Charlie)

kraig, was just wondering, do you keep that O in the house or just have a sweet deal with the wife to keep it so pretty???LOL Was really wondering how many man hours you have in getting it that slick, cant see a blemish anywhere, I think its probably better that show room nice.
worthy.gif

Kraig,
If the O's didn't come with a pto,was there just
a pulley where the clutch would be and a mule
drive? Any pics of this part?

Karen, yes that it! That dates it as having been built in August of 1962. FWIW mine in the photo below is 47282, November 1962.
happy.gif

Tim S., it lives in the shed. I didn't count the hours, but there were plenty. Thanks! It's not done yet, I still need to finish up the wiring and get the throttle cable hooked up and figure out what's up with the governor. Oh, BTW, it does have some blemishes.
bash.gif

Jim T., yep just a pulley on the engine crank, #8 in the photo below.

151076.jpg

Kraig,
That's a nice "o" you have there. Thanks again for clearing up the confusion on the pto.
I plan to bring mine back to original.

Karen, I guess it doesn't use propane then. Although it's extremely rare, I have seen 2 with a conversion to use propane as a fuel. I thought you might have a third. Are you going to do a restore to the ol gal? Or, will it be a "working" machine? In either case, it's good to have you here!

Jim T., thanks, it's just a rattle can paint job and look better in photos... You can keep the PTO and have it original, just use the ("original" as in "optional") engagement lever setup as in the link I posted for you.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back