• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt D.,
Your 10HP really turned out nice!
thumbsup.gif

If anyone gives you any crap about a paint run or two, just let me know - I'll come over & "talk to them" about it!
censored.gif
whistling.gif

IT LOOKS AWESOME, MATT!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Tim G.,

Regarding mowing &/or plowing at steep angles:

If I recall correctly, I believe I read somewhere in the Operator's or Service Manual something to the effect that if you operate your CC on angles of 30* in any direction that you risk shortening the life of the engine due to increased potential of insufficient lubrication; since these older Cub engines rely totally on a splash-style lubrication system.
Even though it may SEEM like a steep, you can easily determine the actual angle of operation by placing a magnetic angle finder, like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/326k3m

...on your hood and reading the measured angle.

#1) Prior to doing the greater than 30-degree angle work, I would suggest that you ensure that your oil level is up to the to of the recommended level.

#2) If you are one to believe in using lubrication additives, you may want to consider adding some Mystery Motor Oil ( http://www.autobarn.net/chmm013.html ) (MMO) additive in your motor oil & fuel system or the recently-touted CERMA additive (link located at top of page with sponsors). Personally, I use the MMO and I think it helps. I haven't used the CERMA product but others here have and have claimed it is a good product.

Just my 2 cents,
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Matt D., Glen E., GEE, THANKS! now my keyboard is all wet from me drooling over that freshly painted Kohler and that most beautiful of all Farmalls the 1206!
drool.gif

Matt D., where did you get the decal for the air filter housing?

Thanks Ryan for the detailed explination! I'll have to go out and check the pond slope angle to see just how many degrees I have.

Tim

This'll probably get Glen E's pic "POOFED"
poof.gif
but the people who were around back in the early & mid-60's when the 1206 was under development and in production also agreed that IT was THE BEST FARMALL ever made....fewest problems to develop and to keep in production and keep up with demand. Lot of farmers at the time thought it was too big back then....growing up there was only 2 or 3 in the whole area.

To keep this somewhat on topic Son & I have a bunch of SHOP time planned on a couple of the older Cubbies this wekend. I should have a box from MWSC at home tonight. Some of the other shop supplies & equip. won't come in till next week. Oh Well.....leaves more shop time for
beerchug.gif

Thanks, for all the nice comments on the painted Kohler.

Kraig, I got that on epay. Search under Cub Cadet tractors. They have 23 pages of parts. Here is a picture of what you will be looking for.
53339.jpg

Ryan - Do yourself a favor , try the Cerma. I put it in the 127 a couple of days ago and while it was running I noticed one "rattle" that I was hearing quit. I'm going to do an oil change on my 99 V6 Silverado today then do a compression check. Then add a bottle of Cermax. Sometime next week when I get some mileage racked up I'll do another compression check.
I always shyed away from MMO. Just never liked a brand with "Marvel" or "Mystery" in the name, but I know it sure gets high regards around here.

Don't use Cerma in a "new" engine like a new car or rebuilt Kohler. The engines need to be broke in first. Cerma would take it longer to seat the rings , kinda like chrome rings don't always seat quick.

Matt - Ahhhhh my eyes my eyes , BRIGHT Yellar Paint! I'm Blind! It's a shame it's gonna burn off. Keep a stiff upper lip when ya start seeing it turn brown around the exhaust port. I like the raw carb. I never have liked seeing everything painted.

Gotta make a parts run !

Beautiful! Uh, forgot what else I was gonna say. In regards to my bolt together sleevehitch adapter, is there a reason it shouldn't work? I have plans on making one slightly modified for an implement I have.

Earl, I don't see why a bolted together Sleeve adapter wouldn't work. However, keep in mind that there are some pretty severe torsional stresses put on them and many a home made one has been bent into a pretzel or broken apart. Most Brinly or other other brands have a slight bend in them from the stress.

Latest posts

Back