• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 08, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have leaves to mulch up, I can't put the blade on yet!!

Last year I warded off the snow by not putting the blade on the tractor. Only had a couple bad days and it melted off fast. Never did put the blade on all winter. Take that mother nature!!!

Larry K.
I blew snow yesterday for 2 hours!
biggrin.gif

Last night in the cold/dark I spent an hour mulching leaves. I think this should take care of most of them from my neighbor(grrr).

Seems I need a headlight for the 149. Plus a clutch spring for the 127. Hmm, need to make a list and get an order started.

Hey Larry - can I assume that clutch spring you mentioned is for the PTO on the 127?
There are a lot of guys on here that just helped out another member with a PTO clutch spring issue. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. You'll get a lot of advice.
Or have you already been there, done that, and got the banana?
biggrin.gif

Charlie - looks like you're clear and can see for 10 miles (once you scrape the frost off your glasses) until Monday morning when you're gonna get more SNOW!

Harry, yes that spring. I've already got it all apart basically so it is just remove three screws and install new springs.

I was poking around CCparts and it says "2 required". Hmm, guess I need to get mine apart to see that there are actually 2 springs in there?

I've never been through a PTO before, so this is my first. I think getting it off the motor is the worst part. Maybe not??

I have been keeping up on the recent posts from a few guys that have just rebuilt theirs.

Larry - hey first PTO clutch rebuild. You're right about getting it off being the hardest thing BUT you need to do some more poking around. The spring you were looking at on CC Specialties is normally for the wide frame PTO clutch. You need to study the 2 different PTO clutch rebuild kits that Charlie shows and determine which version PTO you have OR you can post a pic on here and we'll help you out.

I'll bet you have the narrow frame style with a single center spring. The wide frame style uses 2 springs. There is always a chance someone changed yours out for a wide frame version.

Ah ha. I just looked at it last night before getting online and when I saw "2 req'd" I was like Huh??? Thus I didn't start my order because I didn't feel like walking out in the cold to get to the garage to look again.

Same with bearing, why is there 3 different variations? I need to check into that also.

This is a test to see if I can post on here again, Thanx

yes, Thank you, Gosh it was a struggle and I still don't know why. Was It Einstein that said insanity is when you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result

Back