• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 09, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Kid<sub>e</sub> - I posted a pic of it years ago. I'll take some new pics when I get it into the daylight. It's sitting against the fence behind the grudge next to the woods. I was looking at it a little while ago , the hopper is real short not like the 59M that we know but it's the same box and rotating head... thought I was gonna say hammerhead didn't ya !
189979.gif

I took a notion to start the 127 since it's not been ran in a couple years ... battery had 2.865 volts and wont charge up. So while I was sitting there wondering if I wanted to go through the hassle of getting it going again I checked the throttle shaft play. Boy was that a BIG mistake ! Talk about needing a bushing !!!!!!!!
Oh well I know I can always find something to fix if I get really bored <sub>(there already!)</sub> IF I could just stand up long enough to do anything
189980.gif

I need one of these !
189981.gif

It'll work with the needed repairs (where it was torched) and the correct mounts. Sandblasted and painted it'll look as good as this.

189995.gif

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if the creeper gear unit from a 1535 will work in a 128?

Eric - Beats me about the output coupler but from the parts lookup the input side could be used looks like. I'd just about say the output would work too if you had the coupler for the creeper output. Now I don't know about securing it to the frame but a little fab work could be done for mounting.

Kid<sub>e</sub> - Upon further investigating, my chipper was a stand alone unit. You can see in the pics the engine mounting holes and stand and where the handles were torched off. The hammers are half worn out, they've already been used up on one end on both corners. So ... I guess I posted pics in the <u>wrong section</u> !
We'll blame that on Kraig since he's not here with a quick eye.

Ken, the outlet screen(s), bearings, and basic construction look a whole lot like my Troybuilt chipper/shreader<font size="-2">(thats parked next to my Cub)</font>. I think mine is a lot more recent a construction, 15yrs old(?).

Here's mine. I got it for $25 in pieces and put it together with a 6hp Intek Briggs. I modified it with the wheels to make it easier to push around and able to shred more before cleaning out from under. The wood "foot" is temporary to bring it up to level. I also have a Kemp that looks just like it but is made to tow behind a lawn...I mean a garden tractor.It only has a 5hp Briggs but will soon have an 8hp.
189998.jpg

Back on topic...I got the 108/128 back charging as well. I found the field wire had jumped off the v/r. It's charging at about 13.6 volts and running sweet. I guess I will pull that 100 out I traded an 8 ft jon boat for and see what it's going to need. It should have lots of potential with the fenders, spring assist, and a 3pt. I haven't seen the underside of the deck yet but it looks ok from the top.

Later....Wayne

Wayne,

Regarding your carb problem. Might it be a worn throttle shaft bushing? Your problem sounds like one I had a few years ago. It doesn't take much wear around the shaft to allow air to leak into the carb and cause problems. I didn't do a proper carb rebuild, but put a little J-B Weld around the shaft at the bushing. I let it set a few hours then rotated the shaft so the J-B Weld wouldn't stick to the shaft. It worked for me.

Kentuck and Wayne, the one I've got looks exactly like the IHC unit that Kraig posted the link to, no wood chipper, just the regular hopper and 5 horse Briggs.. If anyone has one of the IHC ones and needs a manual, I'll still scan the Amerind-McKissic manual....I'm sure it's exactly the same. Kentuck - the screen unit on the thing you've got looks just like the A-M....

Wayne - Mine might be a Kemp.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I know they were green. This isn't greene green. I always wanted a Kemp , they were the originators of the chipper for composting. I use to have Kemp literature but it's long gone now. Naw it's not a Kemp , to much similarities to the (59M) whatever selfpowered model.
I'll probably put a 5 B&S on this if I use it. I need it to crack some corn fer da critters. The doves don't want whole kernels.

Think I'll go put a battery in the 127 and see if it'll start. It's a shame that I've got 3 old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cubs and not one runs ... Hey the 2166 has an overhead valve 16 Kohler in it and the 129 is empty right now ...

Roy-

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure the throttle shaft wasn't my problem. The carb isn't that old compared to most and I've had much worse run with a carb adjustment. There is something lodged in a port or something that I gave up on for now. I just put another carb I had on and everything's fine as wine.

Reposting....and feeling like a schmuck in the process .lol....

hey guys I have a quick question.... Yesterday I decided to get my dads 129 out. Took me about a half hour to fire up... sounded good so I thought I would try mowing with it... oh boy didnt take long before I realized that the blades were shot... Question is how can I determine what deck size I have on this old girl so I can get new blades....I always thought that it was a 42 in but im just not sure.

Mike G.,
Is there a metal IDENTIFICATION NUMBER tag riveted to the deck?
It should be on the top of the left end (when sitting on the tractor). My 42-inch deck was the ID# 421U1113.

How wide is the deck housing?
From end to end the housing of my 42-inch deck is 48-inches across the widest part from side to side.

Lastly, you could take the blades off and buy replacements that measure the same length.
There are three blades on my 42-inch deck: Two 10.75-inches long and the center is 22-inches long.

I hope that helps!
Ryan Wilke
thumbsup.gif

Bruce N.,
You were correct -- it was my grass screen making all the racket on my 127. Inspection revealed that all four retaining screws had broken out where they attach to the flywheel drive cup/pulley had broken free.

I considered trying to fit larger washers with bigger screws, but since it is not readily accessible if it doesn't hold, I think I'll just follow your advice and contact Madson's and see if they get me a new grass screen.

Thanks again, Bruce!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan Wilke

I have an original cub with the 7hp. Awhile back I had seen where a guy on here was rebuilding carbs. He was from Virginia I think. I lost his phone#. Does anyone know what it is if you do could you e-mail me. [email protected] Thanks for your time

(On 5/7/2010 Charlie posted -)
<font size="-1">Kentuck,
I hate to bust your bubble, but I'm fixin to drop us down below 5K.</font>

I've been at my daughter's place in Nebraska since Thursday and just not getting caught up on reading the forum posts. I'm glad to know I'm not the one Charlie was referring to that would drop membership below 5K...
poof.gif

Greg L.
The deal is.
We have anywhere from 5 to 15 try to sign up most every day.
Then the SMART ones that do it right sometimes forget to reply to the verification email.
Then after about 30 days or so of waiting on them, I poof'um.
There's no need to have dead weight hanging around forever just to have big numbers show up at the bottom of the page.
Now if we sent an email to the entire list and poofed the ones that haven't logged in or been around for a while, we'd probably drop another 2K or so, LOL

Latest posts

Back