• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 project

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abthomas

IHCC Supporter
Finally getting around to the 1450 I bought about a year ago ! Starting with the hydro gasket to the rear end leak, posting some pics for those that have never done one . I loosened the brake hardware and pulled this one up through the tunnel, afterwards I removed the fender pan for better cleaning and ease of re-installation ! I have done them this way and by splitting the tractor ,no preference but easier to line things up going back together without the fender pan . Looks like someone tried to use the original gasket and smeared it up with blue rtv gasket maker but guess what, it still leaked ! Also will make a weld repair to the damper spring bracket as it is badly worn !! It's a pretty nice machine, tin is all there and in nice shape , maybe flip it in the spring or mow the summer with it while I rebuild the engine on my 109 !

14501.jpg14502.jpg14503.jpg14504.jpg14505.jpg14506.jpg

Welded up the trunnion damper spring fit which was badly worn to one side , had about 45 min in the repair . I use a copper bar on the bottom ( the weld doesn't adhere to the copper ) for a backer strip then mig it back to size. A die grinder and file finishes it up. It is 1 3/16 long x 3/4 wide when done so the outer spring and end caps fit in without binding !

14508.jpg14509.jpg145010.jpg145010.jpg145011.jpg145012.jpg145013.jpg

Attachments

• 145014.jpg
    145014.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back