• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

New Member from Central NY with a 1450

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Arnold

Hi Folks- I was admitted to this forum a couple months ago -Thanks!. I Have chimed in on a couple post since but never introduced myself. My Dad bought my tractor in 1979 to replace the 64 100 with a Mott Hammer knife mower on the front (sure wish I still had that tractor -first thing I ever drove!) I mentioned on another post yesterday that I rebuilt the engine ~15 years ago -it was running ~ a 16/1 fuel oil ratio! Also found detonation damage down to the top ring. I keep that piston for show and tell for what detonation does. I run high test gas now! I think it started burning oil when it was only about 10 years old. I also replaced the mower pan at the time -I like the new one with front wheels -(I have some lawn issues!) Well the transaxle has been leaking in recent years only getting worse -I determined it was the gasket between the hydro and the axle -then I read it was cork -no wonder after all this time! I also learned that my transmission surge was just due to the trunnion issue. I was not looking forward to pulling the transaxle -so I tackled it one morning and was amazed -had it out and the hydo off in an hour! Also was having an issue with the mower not lifting evenly -real sloppy where the lever is pinned to the shaft on the right side -so it was not lifting the left side much. The double wrap spirol 5/16 pin was shattered in 5 pieces -so sometimes it would jam and work -some times not. I finished my job with a Gorilla tape seat cover -so my legs don't get pinched by hard vinyl. (that stuff is awesome) If I was restoring it I would spring for the$180.00 seat, Still a little transaxle surge - I really noticed it when trying to back up a very small cart for my neighbor -it would back up -stop - back -up... at creeping speed. so there is enough linkage slop still to allow the squash plate to wobble.
Sorry for the long intro!!
Lee

good morning fellow new yorker.... this site has a bunch of great people with a wealth of knowledge about cubs cadets and you will find answers to any questions you may have.

Latest posts

Back