• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff - I couldn't get the hover craft mower idea to work ...
Everytime I paralleled the ditch along one side of my yard the deck would grade the high center of the bank so I put a roller on the front. Then the rear edge graded the ground so ... now no more dozing plus I still have the two orginal deck wheels on it.

EDIT Steve B was making rollers for his deck is the reason I took those pics of mine late one night by just holding the camera down at floor level.

Got the entire gang out for some fresh air today.
They all started and moved under there own power.
53278.jpg

53279.jpg

Heres a shot of the wagon I have been working on.
53280.jpg

I am hoping to build a smaller version later on this summer.

Heres is what my yard looks like just out my door, this is the path I keep plowed all winter to get from the driveway to the work shed.
53285.jpg

53286.jpg

53287.jpg

It will be another 2 months befor it drys out enough so I dont rut up the yard anymore with the cubs.

Hey guys I need some help,will a narrow frame tiller, bevel box and three point hitch work on a wide frame 1450?
Thanks

Boy it's gettin deep ... where's my boots!
Hey , how about digging a pit and putting in a sump pump to drain that mess. Water stands here pretty bad too with this clay in the backyard about 6" under the sod ... sod! what a joke!! CRAPPY YARD
sad.gif

Larry - The NF hitch is smaller than the WF hitch. Gear box is the same (same rear-end) Tiller ... I think will work, but there are different models.

KENtucky
If I was to dig a pit it would be full of ground water. The water table on the top of this hill only happens to be 17 inched below the top of the ground.
Only 8 to 10 inched of black soil than 30feet of heavy red clay.
Had I known about the poor drainage of this land I would have never purchased it.
Too late for that now so I have to make the best of it I can.

larry n...the tiller will not work, as you will have to narrow of a mule drive to fit the front of your wide frame 1450, the rest should mount up to the back though ...the box blade scraper will fit wide or narrow frame, as it hooks on to the sleeve hitch, and the 3 point will not fit, as the parts are too long or too short..glen
ihrotate.gif

Lonny - I know what ya mean , my neighbors water well is only 27 feet deep. I can drink a cup of coffee and go outside and "recycle it" and tomorrow he can make fresh coffee with the recycled coffee.

Glad I got "city water" !

Why don't somebody make a Hollander Exchange book for cub parts / implements ...ect. There's to many variables. I can't remember crap anymore and I've been reading this stuff since 1998!

Larry:

I have done what you are asking about the tiller.....

I bought a 147 (NF tractor) that had a #2 tiller on it
53306.jpg

I sold the 147, and kept the tiller.

I now have the same tiller on my 1450. As has been stated...the mule drive and long belt from the NF tractor, won't fit the WF 1450...EVERYTHING ELSE DOES! I took a mule drive I had that was for use with a 'A' style mower deck, and straightened out the pulley brackets. NOTE: The pullies on a mule drive used with a tiller MUST be straight...otherwise you will chew the sides of the belt off...and trust me, that long belt ain't cheap
eek.gif

Here are pictures of the model #2 tiller installed on my 1450
53307.jpg

53308.jpg

53309.jpg

53310.jpg

53311.jpg

53312.jpg

I have run that set-up for the past 2 years now, and have had no problems, or issues
thumbsup_old.gif

Chris E. I will be at Sublette but I don't think I'll have any Cub Cadets along. Gonna bring the 1206 out of hiding. Hope we don't embarass ourselves. Should be a good time.
53322.jpg

Well I got the 10hp painted today runs & all. It's true you just can't paint every now and then and not get runs. I know the factory used to let some runs get by so that is just the way it is I'm not doing it over!!!
53326.jpg

53327.jpg

Glen, that Turbo 1206 was my favorite of all the tractors. It just looked so mean and with a straight pipe it sounded awesome!

Wild Bill thanks for the close up pictures of your tiller. You answered a lot of my questions before I got to ask them.

Matt the engine looks awesome, it really makes me want to get started on my CC100 restoration.

Thanks to all for posting pictures, it's great to see what you all have and what you are doing with your Cubs. Once spring is here I will post some pics of my tractor so you guys see my 100.

Gus/Bubba,
That 1206 is lookin' pretty good! Nice job.

Planning going to Sublette on Sunday. What day/day's are you guys going??

"Big" Steve, Trucker Bob, and I will be at the show on Sunday as well.....looking forward to seeing that 1206 in person and BS'ing with you guys.

Matt: That's what really amazed me on redoing the CC1000, all the runs fron the factory. I actually left one big one under the back side underside of the fenders. LOL

That old paint was hard in some places to wet sand down. Like your motor looks like a job well done!!

Pops

Back