• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny,
You are a week early, Red Power Round Up is this coming week, Jun 24-26.

Lanny C
You also have to switch the Implement Relief Valve Spring and the Charge Pump Relief Valve Cone and Spring from the 149 to the 169 if you want the hydraulic lift to work correctly. The Charge pump is what the hyd lines go in, and the Imlplement Relief Valve looks like a big bolt head on top of the charge pump, between the two pressure relief/dump valves. The Charge pump relief valve is down on the right side of the charge pump.

IH made a kit to convert the 169 manual lift to hydraulic lift that contained the cone and springs for these two valves, but the parts are no longer available, but you can just remove the parts that are in the 169 and replace them with the parts from the 149. Pay attention as to how they come out of the 149 so you can install them in the 169 the same way.

There is an installation manual that came with the kit, and I think Kraig has a copy of it that he can post.

Talkin steering caps, this one came from my son when he was a machine tech student, He turned it out on a machine lathe, and then
engraved it on a Hasse cnc It was a fathers day gift, Needless to say it's priceless
192546.jpg

Charlie,
I agree, those steering wheel caps are good-looking pieces!

Frank C.,
I'd don't worry too much about water getting into my steering box, because my Cub steering wheel NEVER sees any water. I can't remember the last time one of my Cubs had to sit outside in the rain or when I used a water hose to give it a bath.
I feel water will only feed any rust at every bolt and metal seam. I do, however, use compressed air after nearly every use to keep the Cubs clean by blowing off the dust, grass clippings, leaves, etc. from around and under the boys. An occasional wipe down with a terry cloth will get the sweaty hand prints cleaned off.
Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

PAUL - I just checked Chapt. 33's info site, Your right....actually there's a Media day the 23rd. But the regulars @ RPM have been hauling equipment all week. Been pic's posted on-line.

It's better to go EARLY I found out last year in Msdison. Son & I went Saturday (last day) and over 1/2 of the tractors were GONE by the time We left @ 2:30 in the afternoon. A third of them were gone when we got there @ 9 AM.

A little off-topic post, but I will bring it back on topic.

I went with my pastor yesterday as he bought two Farmall Cubs with some implements, a running and working 1949 and a complete '48 that was split apart. Implements include a disc, plow, two belly mowers (one Woods, one IH), a sickle mower, and a few odds and ends. The '49 runs good, and the '48 did until the po split it apart to steal the clutch to put in the '49.

Then drove up to Fredricktown to JP's Tractor Salvage so my pastor could pick up a center blade, a lower radiator housing as the one on the '49 was JB welded, a crank (the one the po had was home-made and not too good), a seat cushion, and a few other odds and ends.

As some may or may not know, JP's also has a used tractor lot. There they had a 560 gas, a 560 diesel, a couple of Ford tractors, some implements and some big IH tractors. Sorry I'm not that familiar with IH's models, I knew I wanted several that were there.

Now, for on-topic - JP also had two CCO's, one restored - very nice, with a very nice deck. That one was for sale, but the other one wasn't. Also a 105 with snow blade was in one of their buildings. As some here know, JP hosts the annual Cubarama. BTW, that restored CCO will be at Red Power next weekend.

All in all, a good Cub day of another sort.

I long time a go I promised someone I'd look up this graph that's in a CC service seminar book. I finally found it. It shows the airflow through the M8 and K181 as a function of engine RPM.

192548.jpg

This is why it is important to mow at full throttle. People that think they're working the tractor half as hard by mowing at full throttle are losing about 45% of the engine's cooling airflow by doing so. Even running the engine at 3200 RPM instead of 3600 RPM results in slightly more than a 10% loss. Once again, this is for the K181 and M8. Other K-series engines (and probably just about all similar air-cooled engines) would have a similar graph.

Matt, is it assumed that at whatever speed the engine runs at, it will pretty much generate the same amount of heat? Which would be why to run WOT.

Matt:
"People that think they're working the tractor half as hard by mowing at full throttle are losing about 45% "?? didja mean at half throttle??

Denny,
I can understand the frustration of people that can only make it to RPRU on Saturday, and then find that a lot of the displays are gone. I usually get to RPRU on Wed to get set up, and believe me, after 2-3 days of putting up with inconsiderate parents that want to let their snot nose kids play/climb on your tractor's or other displays , I, like others, am ready to leave by Sat afternoon. Some adults are as bad as some of the kids, and their reasoning is "what's the problem, it's just a lawn mower"..........but as I tell them, it is "MY lawn mower" and I don't want them on it. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 265 lbs, and I normally don't have any more problems with people after I explain it to them, and I'm not bashful about explaining things
lol.gif
shame.gif

Paul: You just made me think of Jimmy Dean and "Big John"
"Every morning at the mine you could see him arrive
He stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245..."
Now, to stay on topic, the wheel weights that will get mailed to Minnesota tomorrow have a "L" marked on them. That stands for the Louisville Foundry, doesn't it?
P.S. Charlie: Thanks for staying up all night to be the first one to say Happy Father's Day.
smile.gif

Cool: Last post. Who's gonna get the ribbon?
bottom.gif

Latest posts

Back