• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
Willis H. As always we tend to shy away from trying to price a tractor or attachment for someone. Where one person thinks the price is too high another may think it is very reasonable. There may be PO "add-on" welds or other things that may factor into the condition versus price. IMHO however... $200.00 seems reasonable if all is just rusty. I gave $320.00 for Clarence (102) two years ago. He smokes a little but not bad. He had a new battery, almost everything to install a new clutch (new parts), creeper, a pin on 48" deck with two almost new spindles and almost complete package of new parts to make the third spindle. Original owner had added front lights that look very well done. There were some holes cut in the frame for simpler installation of things that took away from things. And Clarence has a rear pto. Paint is really nice for his age. So again... it is personal descretion.

Here are a couple of pictures of Clarence.
153167.jpg

Frank C.... I believe that is Fancy's 1650 on the back of the Dakota in the background. You'll notice Fancy off to the right of the truck heading my way.
153168.jpg

153169.jpg

Of course nothing can beat acquiring a FREE 782D Cub Cadet. Here is my free 782D. It came with 44 inch deck and hydraulic angle fornt blade and three quarters of everything needed for a Cat O) 3 point.

153170.jpg

Dennis F. Years ago a friend over by Stanwood, Iowa told me of how his Dad and Granddad used dynamite to remove an old tree stump right next to the side of the farmhouse. Granddad knew just how to place the charge to use the earth as the shock absorber. So like Kraig said earlier... Explosives!!!
war.gif
bazooka.gif

Thanks for the input Marlin I think I will just go buy it.

Willis H. When you get it ... don't forget to take pictures.
happy.gif
You will love a 102.

Angel and I are going to Ankeny again this morning for further tests on my foot/ankle. It seems that not only do I have a nice big heel spur it appears that I also have tarsal tunnel ( carpel tunnel equivalant). I should know today if they decide to shoot me, operate, or ??? Angel said the electric shocks thingys tend to hurt. I'll find out for sure. I guess that explains why my right foot has been feeling tingly, hot, and hurting above the heel spur pain. I do know that it sure has cut into doing much gardenwise and anything heavy with the Cubbies.

Willis, good morning, as Marlin noted it seems like a reasonable deal. You can barely buy a walk behind mower lately for $200, and you get a blade for it too! A few spray cans will fix the rust spots
thumbsup.gif

Marlin Homrighausen how the heck did you get a free 782D!!! cheepest one ive seen was $1800

Matt S. Back in July 2007 Angel and I started looking to purchase our own home. I kept telling her of how others would post pictures of a free Cub Cadet that they just picked up, of how lucky those fellas were and that I'd never be so blessed. She told me one Saturday morning that we get a house that I'd be getting a free Cub Cadet of my own. The next morning I got on the computer and on the Yahoo Antique Garden Tractor site was an ad reading FREE 1985 782D garden tractor with mower for parts. Needless to say I sent a reply and went out to work in the garage for around 45 minutes. I went back in and something said, "Check your e:mail." I was the first responder and when I found out it was in Petersburg, Virginia it was well shoot that idea. Angel said there was no way that she'd let me drive my Dakota that far. Being the creative and very desperate thinker (LOL) that I am suddenly I said, "How about if I put it on the Cub Cadet Transportation Network?" Long story short... some pretty super people helped store and transport that little D to its new and permanent home here in Iowa. The reason it was free to begin with was the fella had the water go out. It was very hot and dry in that part of the country. After installing the new water pump and hose and generator belt he fired it up. He did one thing wrong and that was when reassembling the rag joints on the driveshaft he put rubber to rubber, metal to metal, instead of the offset. Upon startup the two rubber to rubber bolts flew out and ripped a gash in the newly installed hose. He thought there was something major wrong so he went out and bought a new Kubota 2350L and put the 782D on the Yahoo site. In further e:mails he said he would look and find the front blade. He also sent well close to two hundred dollars of new parts for the Cubbie. I've visited with Darryn since and he said that the 782D only had around 5-600 hours at the most on it. When I e:mailed him this spring his new Kubota only had a little over 100 hours on it. The D has around 128 hours on it since I've acquired it.

I had the electric shock thingy done to my foot and leg. The doctor said the tarsal tunnel is very severe. SSSssooo... on June 26th, I have surgery. The it'll be some time on crutches and some kind of boot... AND not much time doing Cub Cadet stuff.

Matt S. Here you go...Here's the original site and ad/followup replies. I had to do some searching. Topic 782D for Parts

Now if I could only find a couple of pictures of Fancy's Cub Cadet. I may have to get that little fella out before surgery. I know I won't be able to after surgery for sure.

I want to put this out there for others to try if they wish.
Everyone knows the Kohler manual says to run straight 30 weight oil. That's in a new engine. I changed my oil and put in straight 40 weight because my engines are not new. I have such a power increase that that I had to readjust my carburetors. It is really amazing. You can argue what I've written. But you can't argue the performance increase.
Have fun Cubbing.

Guys,
Got the new seat on the 129, it is a decent high back seat with a sturdy pan. Since it had a different bolt pattern, I ended up having to drill the seat brackets, and also the platform everything mounts to, but it looks good and is comfortable.

153278.jpg

I'm trying to decide what to do about the hood on the 102. The original decals are in good shape, it hasn't been brush painted like the rest of the tractor (can you say endless sanding!), but it has a busted out spot as shown, I have another hood on my other 102 that isn't busted out like this, but will need new decals and more prep work.

153279.jpg

The rest of the 102 is scattered around the garage, the engine is on a stand in the corner ready to go, the tins are in boxes waiting for painting or repainting, and the mower deck is waiting to be stripped for parts to refurbish my other 102 deck. The rolling chassis is primed and slowly drying, but this cool drizzly weather is slowing down the drying even more.

153280.jpg

I made a bit more progress on the 100...I spent most of the day making tools. I made a electrolytic derusting tank. Right now the flywheel shroud is in it. I use an old mower blade as the sacrificial metal. When the electrode is clean, it'll pull 3.5 amps on a 3 amp charger. I guess I need a bigger battery charger.

153282.jpg

153283.jpg

I was also working on this...not finished yet. Anyone want to guess what it's for?

153284.jpg

Bruce N.-

An $8 can of paint stripper and a razor blade will remove a lot of brushed on paint real fast. I'd use the good hood if I were you...if you're restoring it, you might as well make it look its very best within reason. You'd have to weld up that other one, which would destroy the paint and decals anyway. 6 of one, half-dozen of another...

I received an email from Lucie and she wanted me to post these pics of her Dad and his cubs as an early Fathers Day surprise.
153286.jpg

153287.jpg

153288.jpg

Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk)
One of these will break up that concrete.
500lb hammer and excavator 400.00 a day.
153294.jpg

Matt-
Looks like you're putting a lot of work on your 100. Good job!

BTW.. Do you see anything wrong with this??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Charlie-
Neat pics!
happy.gif

153297.jpg

Art-

Didn't notice that. It's empty, so probably all the more dangerous. I'll remedy that before I plug it back in tomorrow morning.
explotar2jr.gif

Matt-
No worries.. I've done the same kind of thing myself. I just don't want to see ya get hurt.
clown.gif

Matt, Art, it's Denny that's supposed to be playing with explosives...

Matt, is that a setup for re-plating hardware, as in rusty <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> headed bolts?
dunno.gif

Charlie, neat photos!

Lucie's dad, happy Father's Day (early) to you!
groupwave.gif
Nice heard of Cubs you have there.

Matt try drilling holes in the bucket around the top so wire ties can be used to secure more mower blades and string them together. It works line of sight and you will get better results. If you do buy a 7 dollar Rubbermaid tote bin you can do the big parts. Kiddy pool for the frame, swimming pool for the chevy etc
thumbsup_old.gif
Your mystery bucket... Plating?

MARLIN - Sorry to hear about Your pending surgery. Four yrs ago I broke My TIBIA bone in My left leg and severly sprained My ankle on New Year's EVE. "Tripped" over My cart while out burning X-mas wrapping clutter, lost My balance and fell on My knee. The Doctor's put Me in a "BLEDSOE BOOT", kind of a Velcro-Up walking cast that's removable. Spent a month off-and-on on crutches. I can now tell when the weather is going to change where My Tibia broke, but the ankle is fine.

Hope You have similar good luck!

LEWIS - I'd sure LOVE to play around with one of those mini-excavators for a couple days, Bet they'd work good to remove some stumps from some trees I cut down 4 yrs ago! Only problem is the $400/day rental, Week's worth of rental cost is about what My Super H & loader would bring at auction. Tough to justify keeping a tractor Dad bought back in 1968 for Me to help Him farm if I don't use it. It may not be the "Perfect Tool" for this project but I probably couldn't move two feet of snow with that excavator real quick in the winter either!

To keep this on topic, the 70 is getting a work-out today. Belly blade & chains sure make a good combination for grading dirt!

Allen & Marlin I am going to buy the CC102 Today I will try to get some pictures of it on here as soon as I can Thanks for both of your inputs it helped me decide to buy it.

Yep, you guys are right about the mystery picture. I'll be zinc plating bolts and some other hardware. Thanks for all the suggestions about electrolysis tank...version 2.0 will be larger. I gotta do the dash tower somehow.

Back